• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SLC-PIT in CRJ-900

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
hahahaha now that's funny. BTW 170 driver if Delta loves the EMB-170 so much why do my friends in SLC say they see less of you every week? In fact you had quite a presence there just a year ago. Now it has dwindled down quite a bit. Me thinks while maybe your plane is more comfortable it also sucks down a lot more gas. Sorry lower fuel burn = king in todays market. There is no such thing as a comfortable airplane ride anyway. You can brag about your comfort all you want but if it costs more then you have no competitive edge.
Do a little research, the EMB-170 is actually a very efficient plane, I've heard it typically burns about 3600 per hour, which is very competitive with the CRJ. Also, it holds 24.0 on the fuel compared to what? 20 on the CRJ700? Not that you wouldn't have to remove a few passengers to use that amount, but at least you have the option.

Skywest is very hard to compete against, but I don't think its merely because of their planes. One problem I saw with S5 in SLC was that they put them on the back side of the B concourse, only one lane in and out and a ton of traffic. I've seen them wait forever trying to get in there when the 10 o'clock rush is going out. I haven't seen that kind of cluster since working the F concourse in ORD (heaven forbid I compare anything to that).

Also along the lines of having more room in the E170, check this out: http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/US_Airways/US_Airways_Embraer_EMB-170.php
18.25" wide seats in coach make it .75 wider than the CRJ and 1.25 wider than the 737s and MD90s. In addition to the double bubble design which gives you more head room. Whoever called it the "jumbo shrimp" I couldn't think of a more appropriate name.

Yeah, I think CAL is right next to DL in not caring what airplane secures the route: honestly, lots of narrow body's to Europe . . . and tons of ERJ flights to places that are obviously mainline routes.

EWR-OKC
EWR-TUL
EWR-NAS
EWR-OMA
EWR-MSP
EWR-TPA
EWR-ATL

IAH-PIT
IAH-DCA
IAH-IAD
IAH-DEN

the list goes on . . . seriously this is really insane. And it's not just Delta. Maybe CAL will merge so that there'll be an end to this RJ madness. I know, it gives me a job, but . . .

Latest resources

Back