Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Eric

See you in the Wasatch!
Hey all. I'm coming to SLC and was wonderin' a couple of things.

How long does it take you to get to the airport from your house and where do you live. How's traffic?

Could you be on reserve and make duty in from any of the ski slopes w/ a 2 hr call out?

Where should I live? I'm thinking either Cottonwood Heights, Sandy, Midvale, Murray, Sugarhouse, etc......somewhere in that area. Pros/Cons? I know where I would choose to live depends on some things, so, I'm non-mormon, married, no kids, looking for a 3br to rent w/ a fenced yard for the dog.

Thanks
Eric

Traffic can get bad during rush hour. Those areas you mentioned are nice expcept for Midvale. The ski resorts are close you could make it to Park City on 2 hr call outs. Not being Mormon doesn't matter since there going to be the minority in the near future. Housing prices are sky rocketing and you can make a good return depending on the location. You could get to the airport in twenty or thirty minutes no problem.

I live in Park City and it takes 50 minutes from my house to the crew lounge. Traffic is rarely bad unless there is an accident or snowstorm, you should have no trouble skiing with a 2 hour call out. I skied all winter with a 1.5 hour call out

PC house prices are out of control. Can't find a house under $300K. But the Canyons is fun on poweder days.

I live in the Bountiful area, about 15 minutes north of the airport. Great views, quiet neighborhoods, big mountains fill the back window. But the morning and evening rush hour are murder as the lake to the west and the mountains to the east allow for only one main corridor in and out of the area (the freeway). But, being so close to the airport allows me to reach the airport in 35 minutes in even the worst traffic. Really most places near SLC aren't bad, but I'd personally avoid West Valley, South Salt Lake, and Magna. Even parts of West Jordan are becoming run down. Midvale has some bad parts also, depends on what neighborhood. Sugarhouse, Holladay, and Cottonwood Heights have some very nice ($$) areas, plus they are close to the canyons. Park City is very nice, but very expensive.

The only place I'd live around there would be Park City. I'd stay as far away from Slime Latrine Sh*thole as possible. I hate SLC!

Can you get cell reception at all of the ski resorts? Are some better than others?

Thanks for the advice.

I'm looking forward to it.

Cell phones work at all the Park City resorts too bad that if @ ASA you won;t be here for the ski season...

South Jordan isn't too bad either. About 20 minutes to the airport parking lot. It then takes another 20 minutes from the parking lot to the crew lounge from there.

If you are with ASA are you still planning on moving?

Latest resources

Back