SLC Controllers and everyone else in the system

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

cfi_greg

Could someone please explain, why the SLC controllers both approach and center but mainly approach seem to be one of the most retarded bunch out there. Come on SLC isn't even that busy. Someone shed some light please.

Can you give an example? I have several of my own, like heading changes about every 5 seconds on downwind.

My personal favorite is the "slow to 170" (in the Brasilia) to one of the gates, then "Max forward speed" the rest of the way in.

And then there's the heading changes every five seconds... almost faster than I can read them back sometimes. Seriously, what's so wrong with the heading on the arrival?

-Goose

Exactly there's speeds and headings on the those new fancy arrivals, seems to work for other airports, slc just likes to be difficult.

Could someone please explain, why the SLC controllers both approach and center but mainly approach seem to be one of the most retarded bunch out there. Come on SLC isn't even that busy. Someone shed some light please.

Have you ever thought that maybe they don't just seem retarted, but actually are?

Have you ever thought of calling the facility and asking why things happen the way they do? You might find there is a procedure they have to follow that seems weird to us. Or you might find that they are retarded but in either case you will have a more concrete answer than any provided here including mine.

can any of you total idiots do better?? no you can't. they are some of the best and i don't feel like writing two pages of explaining the workings of the airspace.... i built it.

can any of you total idiots do better?? no you can't. they are some of the best and i don't feel like writing two pages of explaining the workings of the airspace.... i built it.

In all fairness, there are some very good controllers in SLC, and that includes tower, approach, and center.

In all fairness, however, there are also some controllers that really do suck. BOS approach/center, Norcal/Socal, LAX/SFO tower generally do a lot better.

And if you are the one that built an airspace that requires three to four heading changes of right/left five degrees in 3 minutes, maybe you should have thought that one through a little more. I fly to DYANN and turn heading 155. It ain't rocket science.

-Goose

Last edited:
You built it? Yea, many years ago when I was a controller, I met many guys like you in planning and procedures. My old supervisor use to say "we're (controllers) are down here to help those people (pilots) up there, not the other way around." Seems like some of you planning/procedures people have never heard that.

Latest resources

Back