Skywriting pilot killed in S. Florida

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FLGator911 said:
I found it kind of funny that they mentioned in the article how he "turned his life around" after getting caught smuggling 900 POUNDS of marijuana into the U.S. in the early 80's. Why is it that these religious fanatics usually have a, shall we say, "checkered past", usually involving drugs/alcohol, or both?
Disclaimer: This post was not meant to start a religious debate.
Wow. The guy makes a mistake. Then goes on to become a "U.S. National Advanced Aerobatics champion". People who know him said, "He was a good friend," , "He would make you smile. He was the nicest guy to be around." He's a pilot 20 years and skywrites, "God loves you" Jesus loves you" etc at his own expense. Then finally this guy dies at the end of 9-L at North Perry and that's all you can say? Then in my opinion, you Sir, must be a dick.

If you don't know the answer to your question above, then your not just a dick, but also a dumb dick.

I lived in S. Florida until earlier this year and I remember those skywritings. Never met the man, but I for one, was touched once or twice over the years by his words in the sky.

I salute him. He'll be missed.

Last edited:
I dont think u know the facts either. He went to federal prison for 10 years for drug smuggling after he won the national advanced title not before.

FLGator911 said:
I found it kind of funny that they mentioned in the article how he "turned his life around" after getting caught smuggling 900 POUNDS of marijuana into the U.S. in the early 80's. Why is it that these religious fanatics usually have a, shall we say, "checkered past", usually involving drugs/alcohol, or both?
Disclaimer: This post was not meant to start a religious debate.
Dude, if I lost the profits from 900 pounds of weed and sat 10 years in a federal prison getting my dukie pushed in by the "bronco buster", I'd get some religion as well.

metrodriver said:
I feel sorry for the guy, but I won't miss the sky polution from some religious fanatic who infringes on the freedom of (from) religion rights

Exactly!

avbug said:
I don't believe Metrodriver has ever referred to himself here in the third person.
if that is all you got out of my newsstory, pal, i think ya missed the boat....

cforst513 said:
Luckily, knee-jerk left-wing liberals will now have something to cheer about amidst their painful loss at the polls on November 2.
This crap requires zero brain activity....from either 'side' :rolleyes:

flydog said:
I dont think u know the facts either. He went to federal prison for 10 years for drug smuggling after he won the national advanced title not before.
I stand corrected. However, I still think it was a "dickish" thing for the guy to say.

Maybe I'm getting soft in my old age, but I feel a bit for a pilot when he or she goes down. Especialy after you find out a bit about them.

Maybe it's just me.

He was a great guy. I will miss the "God Loves You" and Jesus Cares and everything else he wrote. The fact that he had run drugs and had another life shows God's amazing Grace and the power changing miracle that happens when on accepts Jesus and is indewlt by the Holy Spirit. As for your first Amemdment rights go crawl under a log. The day will come when every person will bow to the name of Jesus. You can do it now and accept His great love, you do it later when you have too--Your choice.

looks like he already has a subsitute

I saw some skywriting yesterday around the pompano area, too far away to tell what it was saying, but me thinks the guy has an imitator!

Latest resources

Back