• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skywriting pilot killed in S. Florida

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Wow, I was most definately used to seeing the "God is good" and "Jesus loves you" in the skies here almost every weekend! Whether you agree with it or not, it had almost become part of our local culture.

I'l probable miss now that i won't see it no more!

If I wasn't lazy I'd dig up a thread I started about this guy that lasted somthing like 15 pages long (yeah it was a religious thread)

I feel sorry for the guy, but I won't miss the sky polution from some religious fanatic who infringes on the freedom of (from) religion rights

metrodriver said:
I feel sorry for the guy, but I won't miss the sky polution from some religious fanatic who infringes on the freedom of (from) religion rights
First Amendment to the US Constitution:

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

Do you see the word "CONGRESS" in there? Was this guy the CONGRESS? If not, please explain how he was violating your First Amendment rights. It sounds more like you would have preferred to suppress his.

Last edited:
From CNN

This just in: air pollution in the United States is down a whopping 27% since November 3. Scientists are unable to pinpoint the exact cause of this reduction in smog, but several have reason to believe that it is because of the death of a local skywriter out of Florida.
"Yeah, we believe that this man, James Goggin, was the sole source of ALL the world's pollution and global warming," said a renowned and intelligent scientist who only referred to himself in the third person as "metrodriver". Luckily, knee-jerk left-wing liberals will now have something to cheer about amidst their painful loss at the polls on November 2. We will have more details on this astonishing story as they become available.

i swear, guys!!! i found that on cnn.com!

"black box, which could make it difficult for investigators to determine what caused the crash"
"It's hard to snatch up clues, when you don't have a black box!" laughed the "Smoking Man" as he reached into his trenchcoat for his lighter.

He tossed the tin snips into the trunk of the Crown Victoria and lit his cigarette, as he made his way back to the drivers side of the car.

"I wonder if 'Chemtrails for Jesus', will keep Mulder off our backs long enough?" Thought the smoking man, looking back over his shoulder at the smouldering wreckage. Smoking man grinned, opened the door, sat down and drove away.

[Cue Creepy Music]
[Roll Credits]

Last edited:
sky writer

If i can recall I did a lot of flight training at the Boca Raton airport thats where he kept his biplane. He was always in the sky on those clear days writing. He was very proud of his religion got the chance to meet him a few times very nice guy.

I found it kind of funny that they mentioned in the article how he "turned his life around" after getting caught smuggling 900 POUNDS of marijuana into the U.S. in the early 80's. Why is it that these religious fanatics usually have a, shall we say, "checkered past", usually involving drugs/alcohol, or both?
Disclaimer: This post was not meant to start a religious debate.

Latest resources

Back