• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SkyWest's Plans to Circumvent Impending Pilot Shortage

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The question should be, of those with ATP mins, how many would want to work at Skywest or any regional? Only time will tell.

Ding! Ding! this person gets it and we have a winner! how many people out there would want to work for any regional.

Sorry, I was misleading about the current corporate staffing situation. But of you google "nbaa pilot shortage", you'll see that there is a concern about the future of corp and pt 135 pilots, about the time many students will be hitting the market.

When I did it you had to hang around the airport sweeping hangers and washing planes to get your foot in, a concept most mil and airline pilots cant fathom. I think in the not-so-far future the low-ball operators looking for free labor will pony up or not find pilots.

You also have to look in the right areas. South FL, SOCAL, TEB, PWK, etc. These have always been charter/corporate heavy environments. If you're looking in other areas you're limiting yourself too much.

If you do recurrent at FSI as our airline does, or know someone else who does, check with the corp jet training department. Every time I go in I learn of jobs and areas where jobs are, and they'll tell you who is looking. I have learned of jobs there and have almost left my current job in the past as a result, but decided to stay in the airline environment.

Corporate is about who you know gets you the interview, and how cheap they can get you on the line gets you the job.

Sorry, I was misleading about the current corporate staffing situation. But of you google "nbaa pilot shortage", you'll see that there is a concern about the future of corp and pt 135 pilots, about the time many students will be hitting the market.

When I did it you had to hang around the airport sweeping hangers and washing planes to get your foot in, a concept most mil and airline pilots cant fathom. I think in the not-so-far future the low-ball operators looking for free labor will pony up or not find pilots.

You also have to look in the right areas. South FL, SOCAL, TEB, PWK, etc. These have always been charter/corporate heavy environments. If you're looking in other areas you're limiting yourself too much.

If you do recurrent at FSI as our airline does, or know someone else who does, check with the corp jet training department. Every time I go in I learn of jobs and areas where jobs are, and they'll tell you who is looking. I have learned of jobs there and have almost left my current job in the past as a result, but decided to stay in the airline environment.

You dont have your own sims ?

SAPA is now pimping pay cuts, the smoke and mirror puppet show will be Muppet grade no doubt! New guys come on down just bring your mom and dads credit card.

Have they said anything specific?

Think soft time slaughter. Deadheads for free ect. I hope this place implodes, 15+ years in and I think a freight job flying in and out of some of the 'stans will be preferable! Without a legally binding CBA they will just take until there are no applicants, then offer a 5k signing bonus, and then make sure that they take the full 5k worth of pain out of the new hires starfish.

Last edited:
SAPA is now pimping pay cuts, the smoke and mirror puppet show will be Muppet grade no doubt! New guys come on down just bring your mom and dads credit card.

Hopefully this is the salvo that drives the skywest pilots towards unification with expressjet. Look at the pay and benefit packages of your upper management for an indication of corporate wealth. We would be 8,000 ? Strong !
Nah, won't happen, that koolaid must be tasty stuff !

Hopefully this is the salvo that drives the skywest pilots towards unification with expressjet.
So who has the greatest opposition to this? Everyone I've talked to is in favor.

Considering how things are turning out (and the potential whipsaw yet to be seen), I say we start a serious push for merger.

So who has the greatest opposition to this? Everyone I've talked to is in favor.

Considering how things are turning out (and the potential whipsaw yet to be seen), I say we start a serious push for merger.

Welcome to 3 years ago!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back