• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SkyWest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
DEN and SLC based Brasilia crews fly out of DEN to RAP, GJT, DRO, and MTJ.

SLC and FAT based CRJ crews fly out of DEN to FAT, MSO, and MEM.

The Casper CRJ is out of SLC.

SkyWest groundschools?

Andy-
I heard from a SkyWest employee today that there might not be any newhire classes for quite awhile, possibly not any for the rest of this year. He told me to take it with a grain of salt though because he wasn't sure how valid his info was. He said that SkyWest is pretty fat right now on FO's.

I figured if any one would know you would. Is this the word going around or is it nothing more than a bad rumor? Has there been any talk lately concerning the proposed July groundschool? Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks.

The July groundschool HAS been cancelled. I have no reason to believe the rest of the classes for the year will be. I think we are at an ideal level for Brasilia FO reserves. With that balanced against the CRJ deliveries and aircraft turn ins for the rest of the year, I cannot imagine that we could do it all with the pilots we have on hand.

The Bombardier strike put CRJ deliveries to SkyWest back so that, at one point, we will have 6 fewer than we had anticipated and will have 3 fewer at the end of the year. THAT is why training in the summer has been slowed/cancelled. We will definitely need to pick up the pace for the rest of the year once we get going again.

The next SCHEDULED newhire class is August 12th. Don't quit your day job till you hear from us.

Latest resources

Back