• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SkyWest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Reliable or not many friends that I have at SkyWest fear that exact scenario, hope it is not true for everyone's sake.

Just my opinion here, but...when you start to see things like this...:

http://www.bizjournals.com/milwaukee/stories/2009/02/02/daily21.html

http://www.jsonline.com/business/38579577.html

...anyone with half a brain would have to begin to worry a little.

SKW has 12 airplanes worth of crews in the YX/MKE operation...running about 100 flights a day for a carrier that isn't even a shadow of what it once was and could very well not be around next week. Lose that portion of the overall operation and, suddenly, your already fat crew roster is morbidly obese.

That gives Obama a little breathing room, give this stimulus package a few weeks and my guess is Delta and the rest will begin hiring again. There will be no need for furloughs as hundreds will move up and out.

I hope this is sarcasm.... There is no chance this will do anyone any good. We are simply putting a couple of generations deeply in debt to make a political play.

-We have truly elected the worst president in history-if you doubt me, just get back to me in a couple of years-when we are all eating alpo and living in carboard accomodations! I'll be in the nice, thick one that says "whirlpool," yep-down by the river...

Please! Your reliable source is an email from SAPA that there's no furloughs till atleast the fall. You shouldn't read into that cause what it was saying is that the UAL and DAL schedules given to Skywest so far only go to the fall, so we just don't know what UAL or DAL will do at that point. They could cut Skywest flights at that point or maybe not. They could cut any regional's flights or add. They probably don't know themselves at this point themselves. So please stop trying to stir up some trouble.

Reminds me of a Mark Twain quote that I just read yesterday:

"There are two times in a man's life when he should not speculate: when he can't afford it, and when he can."

So much could happen between now and the Fall that it's not even worth discussing.

(And in making that statement, I think I may have singlehandedly marginalized flightinfo.)

Anyway guys, have fun working yourselves up into a tizzy over this. I shall not be joining you.

-Goose

My concern is the United flying...United is in bad shape and more than half of Skywest flying is for United...

That gives Obama a little breathing room, give this stimulus package a few weeks and my guess is Delta and the rest will begin hiring again. There will be no need for furloughs as hundreds will move up and out.

Bhahahahahahaha

I hope this is sarcasm.... There is no chance this will do anyone any good. We are simply putting a couple of generations deeply in debt to make a political play.

-We have truly elected the worst president in history-if you doubt me, just get back to me in a couple of years-when we are all eating alpo and living in carboard accomodations! I'll be in the nice, thick one that says "whirlpool," yep-down by the river...

I give it less than 6 months.

Latest resources

Back