Skywest Union Busting

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

scarlet

Have a question--If Skywest does take aircraft from an unionized company and takes future deliveries from a company that is unionized b/c of the contract, when would it become union busting? What does ALPA do?

I like the Skywest pilots; but are they telling Skywest = NO we will not take their aircraft and we will not fly their routes??

Are they any different than a ************************* pilot, Mesa low wage pilot, SCAB??? I am not seeing where there would be any difference....?????

scarlet said:
Are they any different than a ************************* pilot, Mesa low wage pilot, SCAB??? I am not seeing where there would be any difference....?????

and......

scarlet said:
I am for Skywest exact contract....

You are saying you want to be a Mesa low wage pilot scab. If you had SkyWests exact contract, I'm not seeing any difference...

Another idiot throwing the scab word around...What really makes him look stupid is when he's trying to call SKYW pilots scabs by saying they are no different than pilots from a unionized airline with a CBA.

Here's something for Scarlet to ponder. When you buy a Honda or Subaru that is made in the USA by non-union labor are you supporting scabs by not buying a POS from GM or Ford?

Do us a favor Scarlet. Learn the meaning of words you throw around. Do some research on union busting. Find some actual examples.

Many regionals lost flying and growth to carriers like Mesa, Republic, Chataqua, and others. Was that union busting? Was introducing the RJ to take over former mainliine flying "union busting?"

Unfortunately or fortunately depending on your perspective we live in a capitalist society. Managment of companies control what vendors are selected. Mainline feed has become a commodity item with little or no value placed on quality.

Like the pilots have any choice anyway?

Heads up. None of us in the regional world are scabs or union busters. We are all just trying to get our big break. None of us can prevent the fact that airline managers trade us around like baseball cards. So why do we hate on each other? Why do we think it is the pilots fault that management does the things they do?

I'm not paying to make my big break Russian :) I earned it by hard work and skillz!
You think because I work at Gulfstream that I paid for my job? And you also think I didn't earn it? HAHAHA! You are such an idiot. I bet you never pumped a gallon of avgas in your life. And look, you are "making big dollars" at ASA. I hope your "skillz" help you get out of that right seat some time in the next decade!

Loser!

scarlet said:
I like the Skywest pilots; but are they telling Skywest = NO we will not take their aircraft and we will not fly their routes??

Uh, ok. I can't even find it in me to write a response because this has got to be up there with one of the most ridiculous things I have read in a long time.

scarlet said:
Have a question--If Skywest does take aircraft from an unionized company and takes future deliveries from a company that is unionized b/c of the contract, when would it become union busting? What does ALPA do?

Big Difference...In case you haven't heard, SkyWest bought ASA. Do you remember when American (not ALPA) bought TWA and took over their roots and furloughed their pilots? Were they scabs? We bought the company fair and square and gave ASA numerous options to settle their contract, they reject everything.

BTW...After you get done factoring in all the extras that SkyW pilots get, not to mention our contract is better...we still make more than ASA pilots.

What contract? you guys have an employment document written by the company subject to the companies whims. I have no issue with SKW not being Union, but throw the word contract around, because it's not.

BigLebowski said:
Big Difference...In case you haven't heard, SkyWest bought ASA. Do you remember when American (not ALPA) bought TWA and took over their roots and furloughed their pilots? Were they scabs? We bought the company fair and square and gave ASA numerous options to settle their contract, they reject everything.

BTW...After you get done factoring in all the extras that SkyW pilots get, not to mention our contract is better...we still make more than ASA pilots.

I keep telling the ALPAites at ASA that but they are so brainwashed that they don't listen to reason or facts. They are by definition insane, the only time i've seen a group act as foolish and brainwashed as them was the heavens gate cult back in the late 90's. Thats all what ALPA at ASA has become a cult run by insane people. Any normal person would take the Skywest contract except for the ALPAites at ASA, because once you did it would show that ALPA is useless and does nothing but steals the pay of its pilots. The funny thing is that you are FORCED to pay your 2% and there isn't a thing you can do about it. Some days I wish managment would dump ALPA and all its loyal members, its about time ASA had its colon cleaned.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back