Skywest (UAX) jumpseat question.....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

JSky26

I work for a Part 135 carrier who is non-CASS but we do have a cabin only jumpseat agreement with Skywest. I've heard rumors recently that Skywest (UAX only) is now not accepting offline flight crew jumpseaters anymore due to some "memo" that went out saying that FAs were no longer able to jumpseat, and now somehow pilots got lumped into the mix as well....any truth to this?

I've gotten a ride before from you guys no problem, but that was the Delta side of the house. Anyway Skywest folks care to chime in?

Thanks!

I work for a Part 135 carrier who is non-CASS but we do have a cabin only jumpseat agreement with Skywest. I've heard rumors recently that Skywest (UAX only) is now not accepting offline flight crew jumpseaters anymore due to some "memo" that went out saying that FAs were no longer able to jumpseat, and now somehow pilots got lumped into the mix as well....any truth to this?

I've gotten a ride before from you guys no problem, but that was the Delta side of the house. Anyway Skywest folks care to chime in?

Thanks!

The memo put out by UAL to not let Skywest FAs jumpseat on their own airline if they hadn't payed the UAL extorsion fee, erroneously had the pilots included too but that has been rectified. Skywest pilots and others can jumpseat on Skywest without a fee. The FA issue is being worked on from what I hear from one of the Chief FAs. UAL was planning on implimenting this on all UEX carriers since they claim they pay for those seats even though they don't own the those UEX airlines. The nerve!

Latest resources

Back