Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Maria

That's Miz Beetch to you
Can anyone detail Skywest's new-hire CRJ training course?

I know there is a limitations quiz that supposedly needs to be 99% or higher score, but do they really send folks home if the person missed six questions vs. five? Is it the standard 1.2 weeks of HR/Indoc stuff, two weeks of death-by-powerpoint systems, then paper tigers and sims? Do they do CBT?

Where are folks making their mistakes in training?

When do you get the systems and maneuvers information in training (first day, week, first day of systems)? When do they tell you what you do with the flow items?

What is SAPA?

Skywest is a LCC now?
I thought they were a regional airline

well there are some SkyW FOs and CAs running around saying "well here at mainline..." when speaking to an XJT pilot

Can anyone detail Skywest's new-hire CRJ training course?

I know there is a limitations quiz that supposedly needs to be 99% or higher score, but do they really send folks home if the person missed six questions vs. five? Is it the standard 1.2 weeks of HR/Indoc stuff, two weeks of death-by-powerpoint systems, then paper tigers and sims? Do they do CBT?

Where are folks making their mistakes in training?

When do you get the systems and maneuvers information in training (first day, week, first day of systems)? When do they tell you what you do with the flow items?

What is SAPA?

What is the best hair gel for the spikes? Any tips for getting them back after the headset has flattened them?

What are the best colors for the backpack? Should it be draped over one shoulder or both?

Are black earphones ok for the iPod, or are we required to use the white ones that came with the unit?

And with the pizza place gone, is Lotteta's(?) still off-limits?

Last edited:
Lofty's is gone? So sad, enjoy the candlehood.
It's been about 6years since I went through so a lot has changed I'm sure, but there was a limitations test, and they required 100%, but they should have given you the test with all the new hire stuff they mail to you. They won't send you packing for that, but just remember you can only repeat 3 training events, so do you really want to waste one on that retarded limitations test.

The average High School grad has no problems aceing the course, YMMV.

Latest resources

Back