• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skywest to fly Aspen-ATL w/CR7's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
" I expected the Rocky Mountains to be a little rockier than this.

I was thinking the same thing. That John Denver's full of sh!t, man. "

Okay here is the deal, I flew the avro into the beautiful aspen california airport. I have also done two missed approaches in actual (bad snow storm). It was by far the most frightening moments in my airline career (or for that matter ever). Now, from what i hear from experts at aspen, that no CRJ would make a balked landing while flying into that airport. One quote I heard was that it would be a matter of time before there is an accident. I also heard that the initial FISDO answer was no they cannot do it. Then they went to DC and asked someone higher up the chain and got the answer they wanted. So be warned. I for one will never take a crj into ASE

Okay here is the deal, I flew the avro into the beautiful aspen california airport. I have also done two missed approaches in actual (bad snow storm). It was by far the most frightening moments in my airline career (or for that matter ever). Now, from what i hear from experts at aspen, that no CRJ would make a balked landing while flying into that airport. One quote I heard was that it would be a matter of time before there is an accident. I also heard that the initial FISDO answer was no they cannot do it. Then they went to DC and asked someone higher up the chain and got the answer they wanted. So be warned. I for one will never take a crj into ASE

I'm with ya on that. I flew the Dash-8 into Aspen and going missed sucked. High pucker factor...I can't imagine doing it in an RJ, even if the 700 is a rocket.

Why even bother having circling mins listed... You don't have room to do a circle even if the airline allowed it. ASE is tight.

Double post due to FI's unreliable server going down, then coming up, then going down again, then coming back up again....

The hell you say. This is the most reliable site EVER!:rolleyes:

Latest resources

Back