• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

skywest to fly 190 for ual

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Republic will be flying 190's for United!!!

No that's actually true. a la the Aier LIngus deal that's supposed to happen in 2010. I actually been in one of the ua 737s but it was a while ago. I thought I was in a 727. I'd rather fly in a new RJ or an Ejet.

No that's actually true. a la the Aier LIngus deal that's supposed to happen in 2010. I actually been in one of the ua 737s but it was a while ago. I thought I was in a 727. I'd rather fly in a new RJ or an Ejet.

I heard Air Lingus was merging with Continental...

I did hear some talk about SkyW conversations with UAL about future flying and $$$ for the deal, (UAL is in need of $$ for the winter season). With SkyW doing some of their own (at risk) routes, UAL could view them as an 'Alliance' partner to avoid scope. I thought it was all BS but maybe something is in the works. I thought it would only be Q400's out west though.
-This is just locker room talk so run to jump on me about the thread. Pure rumor and not even speculation at this point. But I do think that companies like RAH, SkyW and Express J will be doing a majority of the domestic flying in this country in the next 10 to 15 years in 100 seat aircraft. Its just the way its going and i doubt unions or scope will be able to stop it. Also companies like SWA, Air Tran and Allegiant will continue to succede as well if run properly.

Also when is the UAL RFP announcement.

I did hear some talk about SkyW conversations with UAL about future flying and $$$ for the deal, (UAL is in need of $$ for the winter season). With SkyW doing some of their own (at risk) routes, UAL could view them as an 'Alliance' partner to avoid scope. I thought it was all BS but maybe something is in the works. I thought it would only be Q400's out west though.
-This is just locker room talk so run to jump on me about the thread. Pure rumor and not even speculation at this point. But I do think that companies like RAH, SkyW and Express J will be doing a majority of the domestic flying in this country in the next 10 to 15 years in 100 seat aircraft. Its just the way its going and i doubt unions or scope will be able to stop it. Also companies like SWA, Air Tran and Allegiant will continue to succede as well if run properly.

Also when is the UAL RFP announcement.

You are exactly right. The arrogance and greed of some once powerful union backed labor groups could once dictate the operational measures an airline could implement. It's a reality more pilots should come to "expect" even if they refuse to "accept." Unions have lost their leverage and the somewhat arrogance of those unions drives further failure in todays airline operations. Scope will be circumnavigate if not by management and union bargaining, then by regionals operating more shared risk partnerships. But plan to see 100 seat airframes at regional levels.

There is also DC 9 lines painted in the DTW B concourse - does that mean that the DC 9's are going to be moved there? Skywest dude, painted lines means nothing. They paint them based on what aircraft they think may show up one day, not based on actual facts. In DTW there is also EMB 145 paint on every C gate and besides the 2 express jet gates and 1 gate for freedom, no embs park anywhere

With the last 737 coming offline and scope being relaxed, skwest is going to fly 190s for ual...lines already painted..look for yourself.
I am just curious, what is it with you Skywest people thinking that every new ounce of flying that is out for bid is automatically going to you???:rolleyes: I had an Atlanta base blowhard on one of my flights from ATL-PHL not too long ago and all he did was shoot his mouth off about how Skywest is getting all of this new United flying and no one else is!!

190's??????.....................I'll never say never but, mmmmmm, that's a stretch. Flamebaite probably!! There are many other contract carriers who might just be bidding on flying to!! Not that there is any to currently bid on anyway.

Latest resources

Back