SkyWest to feed Alaska Airlines in SEA?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Tatoosh65

The word over at SkyWest right now is that a deal to fly 19 CRJ 700's for "feed" to Alaska Airlines in in the final stages. "as apparently stated so by SkyWest CEO Chip Childs."
Not sure if the Alaska contract can currently block this or not, but I do know that scope relief is something that management has been going after in negotiations.

Didn't Alaska just dump Horizon's 70 seaters?

Doesn't Alaska feed NWA's SEA operation?

Yet another large NWA / DAL codeshare partner subbing codeshare out to RJ's?

I think there might be a problem in scope language if this rumor has any validity. 255 large RJ's? Maybe not if they are codeshare under another brand ....

Last edited:
Alaska Air Group is dumping Horizon CRJ-70's, furloughing Pilots. They say CRJ's are not efficient enough.......but it seems more efficient if someone else owns them, maintains them, and flies them for cheaper....
Alaska Pilots also have a looming furlough of 190 positions.
Now thats Alaska Spirit!

Looks like I should have stayed at SKYW. I would have finally gotten a SEA or PDX base with a lot better seniority and I wouldn't be threatened by a furlough.

Hindsight I guess...

That is like the rumor I heard while at SKW about 9 -10 years ago. Of course it came directly from one of the VP's sons, who was/is a SKW pilot.
Around this time SKW was looking at both the EMB jets and the Dornier jets and the rumor was that we had ordered the EMB jets and are in the final stages of selecting the interior patterns.
I'm pretty sure SKW still has 0 EMB jets.

Last I heard from some friends still at QX is that there has been a change of heart; RJ's to stay indefinitely. Will still furlough, but not nearly the numbers previously stated.

If AK does sign a deal with Skywest, could be fun next time there are a few foggy days in SEA and PDX. QX Q400's flying in and out all day, and all the Skywest RJ's sitting on the ground in YKM.

well they are cat II.
This would make sense with the second phase of DAL's global plan.

Skywest flights are already on the flight schedules in Alaskaair.com. The guessing is over.

Of course there are days when even Cat II won't do the trick. Still - will be a sad day when Alaska contracts with someone other than QX for RJ flying.

Latest resources

Back