• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SkyWest to feed Alaska Airlines in SEA?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Skywest flights are already on the flight schedules in Alaskaair.com. The guessing is over.

Actually the guessing continues. Skywest flights have been in the schedlues for quite a while. Pull up SEA-SLC for example. Oh look! Skywest flights. They are on there as part of the Delta code-share agreement.

Old news. Move on.

I was being sarcastic anyways.

I heard SkyWest/AAG rumors almost from the first day I stepped onto the property at SKYW.

The best one was that Jerry Atkin wanted to buy Horizon, but he had been told by AAG that he'd have to buy the whole air group! :) Quite comical. It's amazing what rumors pilots start when they are bored.

I am not looking back. I made decisions about my career and rolled the dice. All I can do is to make the best of it and move forward.

Now, if I could find a way to leave the airline business.

It's always 20/20. Could be worse, I left for AWA and now I've left flying.

The word over at SkyWest right now is that a deal to fly 19 CRJ 700's for "feed" to Alaska Airlines in in the final stages. "as apparently stated so by SkyWest CEO Chip Childs."
Not sure if the Alaska contract can currently block this or not, but I do know that scope relief is something that management has been going after in negotiations.

Asked one of the VP's of planning and paper clips that very question and this was his response verbatim:
"A 3rd party carrier has not been engaged to fly SEA, PDX ,LAX or any other AAG
routes under a fee-for-departure agreement for this winter or any future period
at this time other than the existing agreements we have in place with Pen Air
in the state of Alaska for Dutch Harbor and Horizon CPA. We are currently
focused on capacity reductions in FY09 -- which could include a fleet reduction
-- to mitigate the cost of fuel, unwinding of our hedges and a weak economy."

Andrew Harrison
MD Planning

All I heard was...."We don't really know what we are going to do. Fuel is high...blah, blah, blah"

Although fuel is now at early February levels. Oh well, back to panicing.

According to GS:
- Price of oil going up is bad &
- Price of oil going down is bad.

Everything is doom & gloom.

Interesting that we still have an MD Planning management position. I'm sure he's going to collect a paycheck until all our MD leases are up.

All I heard was...."We don't really know what we are going to do. Fuel is high...blah, blah, blah"

Although fuel is now at early February levels. Oh well, back to panicing.

Interesting that we still have an MD Planning management position. I'm sure he's going to collect a paycheck until all our MD leases are up.

At first I thought that's what it meant, too. But I think it means Managing Director.:confused:

Oh, okay... thanks QCappy. :) My bad...

Still, there are a lot of office & cubicle dwellers collecting paychecks for nothing.

Alaska is has 33% more staffing per airplane than WN and WN has their own rampers.

Just like the genius over there at corporate who decided to hedge fuel back in the spring, at over $120.00 a barrel!! Pure genius!!!!

I think they are making so much money over there, they needed a new way to post a loss!!!

Latest resources

Back