Skywest to charge for PC's?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

skypine69

Rumor is that OO is going to charge to do a background check for non-US citizens every time they show up for a PC. Apparently a new charge and regulation put in place by the TSA. Dont know all the details, but it seems OO should eat the cost rather than make employees pay for it.

I could understand the requirement for a one-time background check, but for every pro-check? What, are you going to change your identity and background every year? This, like just about every government regulation these days, makes absolutely no sense.

Rumor is that OO is going to charge to do a background check for non-US citizens every time they show up for a PC. Apparently a new charge and regulation put in place by the TSA. Dont know all the details, but it seems OO should eat the cost rather than make employees pay for it.

Skywest isn't doing the background checks nor are they charging non-US citizens. It's a new requirement now by TSA that background checks be done on non-US citizens before every PC. TSA is charging $70.00 to do this. TSA is billing the pilot through Skywest and Skywest is passing on the cost. I'm not defending Skywest. I think Skywest should absorb this cost but for now they aren't. Every non-US citizen is being charged but are the other airlines eating that fee or are they passing it on to the pilot?

Delta is doing this too.

Homeland security threw this crap in with an appropriations bill .... i.e. they needed money and knew they could tap into the non-citizen 121 pilots that have been flying millions of passengers safely every year.
CHANGE TO TRAINING REQUESTS UNDER CATEGORY 4 FOR RECURRENT TRAINING - 04/14/2009
The Consolidated Security, Disaster Assistance, and Continuing Appropriations Act, 2009 (Appropriations Act of 2009), which amends 6 U.S.C. 469, requires the Secretary of the Department of Homeland Security to (1) establish a process to determine that an alien who takes recurrent flight training is properly identified and does not pose a threat to aviation or national security; and (2) impose reasonable fees to recoup the cost of checking recurrent training candidates. Training requests under Category 4 for recurrent training will undergo the following changes starting May 13th 2009

$130 for a background check and phase 1-3 training and $70 per pc check. Time to get off my a$$ and become a citizen. I've always wanted to vote but have been using this to avoid jury duty!! lol

Well...... Americans aren't even allowed to even fly for foreign carriers so I guess they are lucky.

Skywest isn't doing the background checks nor are they charging non-US citizens. It's a new requirement now by TSA that background checks be done on non-US citizens before every PC. TSA is charging $70.00 to do this. TSA is billing the pilot through Skywest and Skywest is passing on the cost. I'm not defending Skywest. I think Skywest should absorb this cost but for now they aren't. Every non-US citizen is being charged but are the other airlines eating that fee or are they passing it on to the pilot?

I'm pretty sure XJT picks up the cost. On my last PC there were a bunch of non -U.S citizens in the training center doing PC's and talking about it.

NONE of them complained about having to pay anything.

Latest resources

Back