• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skywest to charge for PC's?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Amazing how the ignorant and narrow-minded always dominate these threads, and in so doing highlight their lack of intellect. Try applying for a passport and getting out of Lower Alabama for once in your life, and you'll find the world is a big place with lots of opportunities, many of which have been taken by your fellow countrymen in faraway lands. Or you can just remain on the couch drinking your Bud and scratching your nuts, taxing your brain to the max.

Yes, the company should eat the cost, but they won't. Why? Because at a non-union carrier management can do whatever TF they want.

Uh, Mesaba charges for this and they have a big bad union...what's even funnier is that they charge $100...guess they're skimming a little. And no, I'm not one of the pilots that have to go through this bull$hit.

That's illegal, if they have right-to-work.

Personally, I'm not too excited about allowing non-citizens to work in a field which has such a shortage of job opportunities. Anyone who doesn't like that: Go get your citizenship. You can't always have your cake and eat it to. If America is so much better than where you came from, then you need to put your mouth where your money is. You're either with us, or...please enjoy your visit, but don't overstay your welcome.

I agree with you...As far as being illegal to not hire them, you don't have to say why you didn't hire them...Maybe the interview didn't go well....

Amazing how the ignorant and narrow-minded always dominate these threads, and in so doing highlight their lack of intellect. Try applying for a passport and getting out of Lower Alabama for once in your life, and you'll find the world is a big place with lots of opportunities, many of which have been taken by your fellow countrymen in faraway lands. Or you can just remain on the couch drinking your Bud and scratching your nuts, taxing your brain to the max.

No, what is amazing is the fantasy land that the PC crowd lives in....This is the same political correctness that just caused soldiers to die in Ft. Hood...

The federal govt. is charging non citizens to pay this fee, not Skywest, not Delta, not Mesaba, not ASA....If you don't like it, take it up with your embassy or go somewhere that doesn't have the fee, or become a citizen...

I've been all over, including lower Alabama, and I'm tired of the belly aching and whining from the rest of the world about the US while they come to us for aid....Time for them to get their tough $h!t card punched!

I've been to a lot of places, but I'd be lying if I told you I didn't like drinking beer and scratching my balls.

This TSA rule is part of the Patriot Act, which in many areas is unconstitutional...thank you George W!

The new clearance required by TSA is to keep "risky" pilots out of the cockpit. The problem is that the "very naive Bush administration" thought that, the simple fact of being a US Citizen removes you from the "risky" people list. I guess they missed the Timothy Mc Veigh's, and the Fort Hood sicko recently, both natural born US Citizens....should have done some TSA background checks on these two!

Permanent Resident Aliens have had numerous FBI clearances, fingerprintings, and background checks before getting their Green Cards, which most US born Citizens NEVER got.

A legal US Permanent Resident Aliens is not a US Citizen but is a US Person and pays US taxes. US Citizenship can be obtained after 5 years of Permanent Residency (3 years in some cases).

The TSA fee will be challenged in federal courts very soon as it is discriminatory in Employment Law (hiring, training, and promotion...).

A US employer cannot pick and choose between a Permanent Resident and US Citizen, qualifications being equal. This is illegal behavior, unless the airline flies military contracts and US troops overseas.

No, what is amazing is the fantasy land that the PC crowd lives in....This is the same political correctness that just caused soldiers to die in Ft. Hood...

The federal govt. is charging non citizens to pay this fee, not Skywest, not Delta, not Mesaba, not ASA....If you don't like it, take it up with your embassy or go somewhere that doesn't have the fee, or become a citizen...

I've been all over, including lower Alabama, and I'm tired of the belly aching and whining from the rest of the world about the US while they come to us for aid....Time for them to get their tough $h!t card punched!

Political correctness has nothing to do with it. It's the knee-jerk reflex (no conscious brain activity required) that a small minority have with regards to foreigners working in this country (legally I might add), while conveniently ignoring the fact that so many of their countrymen are doing exactly the same thing all over the world. If it's the law that I've got to pay $75 everytime I get in the sim, so be it. Just like I pay my taxes and obey the rest of the laws of this land.

Ultimately, what probably riles these idiots the most is that so many of the new transplants to this country excel and prosper due to hard work, creativity and taking advantage of the miriad opportunities available, while they've been too lazy and complacent to take advantage themselves. To them I say enjoy your Bud. To the rest of the fine people I've met in this country, I'd say thank you for the opportunities and hospitality. You're more than welcome in my country.

The TSA is a joke. I was going through security in ONT the other day and watched a lady come to work. She walked up to a closed lane, put her grocery store sack on the belt. Then she proceeds to walk around the metal detector to the console on the machine. She then scanned her own bag, and went into their break room. WTF?

Couldn't agree more. Talk about ridiculous PC... Now Osama, I mean Obama is forcing the Trial of Shalik Meimeh dirtbag who planned the 9/11 attacks to stand trial in CIVILIAN COURT IN NEW YORK. Not only does it put all citizens in NYC in danger, it's a complete slap in the face to the CITIZENS of the US and especially those who lost loved ones in that attack on the USA. Moreover, Oblamea couldn't even tell the American People himself, he sent his Attorney General to do it. This should be held inhouse in the Military, end of discussion, period. Talk about leaderless. Wow, change you can step in. I like it Joe.

Trojan

Latest resources

Back