• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skywest to charge for PC's?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Non-US citizen pilots at ASA also have to pay the TSA background fee. ASA doesn't pick up that tab.

Couldn't agree more. Talk about ridiculous PC... Now Osama, I mean Obama is forcing the Trial of Shalik Meimeh dirtbag who planned the 9/11 attacks to stand trial in CIVILIAN COURT IN NEW YORK. Not only does it put all citizens in NYC in danger, it's a complete slap in the face to the CITIZENS of the US and especially those who lost loved ones in that attack on the USA. Moreover, Oblamea couldn't even tell the American People himself, he sent his Attorney General to do it. This should be held inhouse in the Military, end of discussion, period. Talk about leaderless. Wow, change you can step in. I like it Joe.

Trojan

How does that put the citizens of NYC in danger?

Everyone here is missing the absurdity of the whole fee thing to begin with. If a thorough initial background check has been completed (okay, with a reasonable fee), and the person's identity has been positively established, WHY DO A BACKGROUND CHECK EVERY PC?!?!?!?!??

This is nothing more than another layer of expensive and wasteful bureaucracy. Disgusting.

So did Hitler and Goebbels, and all the Nazis who were tried at the Nuremburg Military Tribunals.

They were part of a uniformed army and represented the will of the german government. As such, they were tried in accordance with the London Accords.

These others, these terrorists, are essentially criminals and my feeling is that victims and their families have a right to see them brought to justice in an appropriate venue, using the best system of jurisprudence in the world, the US Federal Judicial System. Not perfect, but still the most transparent court system around. It is the American Way, and worth fighting for.

Couldn't agree more. Talk about ridiculous PC... Now Osama, I mean Obama is forcing the Trial of Shalik Meimeh dirtbag who planned the 9/11 attacks to stand trial in CIVILIAN COURT IN NEW YORK. Not only does it put all citizens in NYC in danger, it's a complete slap in the face to the CITIZENS of the US and especially those who lost loved ones in that attack on the USA. Moreover, Oblamea couldn't even tell the American People himself, he sent his Attorney General to do it. This should be held inhouse in the Military, end of discussion, period. Talk about leaderless. Wow, change you can step in. I like it Joe.

Trojan

Are you as stupid as you post? 911 happened where? Last time I checked NYC was in the USofA. A small piece of paper controls trials in this country, the Constitution, not Obama, not military tribunals, you are stuck in the GWB world of ignorance and stupidity, pull your head out of your buttt and breathe.
PBR

A small piece of paper controls trials in this country, the Constitution...
Since when did a liberal recently respect the Constitution? (Pelosi just recently laughed and said, "are you serious, are you serious??" when asked by a reporter what part of the Constitution allows her healthcare bill).

The Constitution applies to the the government's powers over U.S. citizens, not enemy combatants on foreign battlefields. Al Quaeda has declared war on this country, and we caught some of their senior commanders responsible for a horrendous act of war -- 9/11. That they didn't have a "uniform" on at the time is immaterial.

Did the military read them their "Miranda Rights" when they were apprehended? Should we let them go on a technicality designed to keep our local police from abusing their power? It doesn't make any sense to put them in a civil trial.

If it's the law that I've got to pay $75 everytime I get in the sim, so be it.

It needs to be challenged and removed, however, in the meantime, it is the cost of doing business, and should be picked up by Skywest.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back