Skywest to buy Mesa and ExpressJet

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I was there too. Many captains were asking for the alpa membership card,

Now go back to your little airline SKW and get on your knees for $100 per hr after 20 years flying a dc9-10.

NO JOBS, NO FREE RIDE, IS COMING MR CFIT

Bring it on, I couldn't care less.

Remember it goes both ways.

I was there too. Many captains were asking for the alpa membership card,

Now go back to your little airline SKW and get on your knees for $100 per hr after 20 years flying a dc9-10.

NO JOBS, NO FREE RIDE, IS COMING MR CFIT

Unoin thugg?

Seems to me that SKW is desperate to buy. Only merged seniority wiil accomplish that. Havent they learn that at SKW? They failed to purchase 5 times so far as assets sale.

BTW all United Express flying will be flown by ALPA regionals after they merge, and all ALPA majors will be hiring ALPA members.

So SKW super pilots enjoy what you got now. Your management knows that

Let me guess, you're one of those guys that starts running around the house in excitement holding his newly delivered ALPA magazine, correct? Get a life.

What about Comair? Why wouldn't Skywest buy Comair?

Why would they? They have a bunch of 50 seat RJs that Skywest, Inc already has too many of. They are an entity loathed by their current owner who likely wouldn't bundle the sale with an acceptable long term contract. Plus, there is outstanding litigation on the LEX accident that could be financially catastrophic. Comair is potentially a huge bag of hurt for any acquiring holding company. I wish the Comair guys the best, but don't see how Skywest buying them would be good for anybody (except Delta).

I hear what you are saying about the Inc. side of things but I'm pretty sure all would need to combine. That was a big part of what killed the last attempt by SkyWest. ASA, Skywest and XJT would have to combine lists and Skywest did not go for that. I'll leave the final answer to the "experts" on our contract...

Don't hold your breath on that one. Smoke and mirrors. CAL wanted something from XJET and SKYW helped them out. CAL got what they wanted and SKYW was paid.

Things are not always what they appear to be.

All correct. Section 1 Part D, 3a is what you are referring to on page 12. It basically says that if XJT is acquired or merged then the ALPA merger policy will apply if the other carrier is ALPA. It states further that if the other carrier is not ALPA then Sections 3 and 13 of the Allegheny-Mohawk Labor Protective Provisions ("LPP") shall apply. Either way, the outcome is required to be accepted by the new company.

Which doesn't mean much.

Latest resources

Back