Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skywest taking ASA planes (non-union-taking union work)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I edited my post above to make it a little clearer. There's always a chance that a favorable judge could grant an injunction. I am not a rep so they are obviously more privy to information about the case than I.

There have also been cases that have been won that are similar. For instance, I believe the Delta pilots were dinged not too long ago for refusing to pick up open time even though it is clearly optional to do so. Transferring airplanes could be construed as illegal self-help just as refusing to pick up open time was. All it takes are some fancy lawyers and a favorable judge.

Note that we have actually gained one airplane recently. As far as I know we have received 2 GECAS 200s since N701EV/N609SK left our fleet. Management may have their bases covered on this one if they keep giving us 200s as we lose 700s.

You have a future with ALPA - changing your story. That's what I find most of the ALPA reps. do. This lawsuit will fail, our request for a release will fail, ALPA will talk tough, Jerry will transfer airplanes,etc. etc. etc. By the way 701 and 702 have left.

I was told that since ASA pilots have a contract with their management. And ASA airlines has a contract with Delta that can be cancelled at any time. ASA pilots go on strike against their contract with management, which causes Delta to cancel their contract with ASA , which means ASA doesn't have any more work. Hence no struck work to qualify those who pick it up as scabs.
Maybe, but I sort of doubt the rest of the industry would see it that way. I think we're in the same class, because I heard the same thing - I'm just trying to forget I ever heard it [fingers in ears] LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA ...............

I would not wanna be a Skywest pilot applying at any ALPA majors (most of them); that is if ASA was to strike and Skywest was to fly their planes and routes.

You have a future with ALPA - changing your story. That's what I find most of the ALPA reps. do. This lawsuit will fail, our request for a release will fail, ALPA will talk tough, Jerry will transfer airplanes,etc. etc. etc. By the way 701 and 702 have left.

Wah wah wah! The sky is falling, the sky is falling! Back to your management cubicle you rat!

VOTED IN FAVOR!

I would not wanna be a Skywest pilot applying at any ALPA majors (most of them); that is if ASA was to strike and Skywest was to fly their planes and routes.

The last few Alaska classes were 1/2 SkyW or close to it....Any more comments smart guy?

Baja.

Latest resources

Back