Skywest stock?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
difete said:
I agree the 70 seat pay at 50 seat rate is wrong, but by allowing (or should I say,by having no option of taking) this abuse we have allowed something big to be announced. Lets hope it is worth it.

The above represents exactly why I believe the Skywest Pilot Group will continue to be ZERO help to the future of this profession at the small jet level. Boy I hope it's worth it too pal. Maybe you'll be lucky enough to replace more UAL narrowbody flying by even getting to fly an Airbus yourself!

YOu guys that see things right over there best get every last hour of 'Turbine PIC' and pray somebody hires you asap. With numbnuts like this in your group you can plan on many years of doing whatever Jerry wants. I hope for everyone's sake this guys is a flamer.

Amazing how everyone between Skywest and ASA are bashing on each other for something that hasnt even happened. Anyone can guess or predict what is coming down the road, but until (or if) anything happens why continue this?

soup can said:
An anouncement that may be good for sharehoders is expected.

An order for 190's is coming for the United system.
Talks of bidding on flying 190's for America West/US Airways too.
These will all be flown at 50 seat rates.
ASA purchase will stay as 2 separate certificates.
Nice work Skywest, you continue to lower the bar for the rest of us

So let me guess. You are a gifted psychic and know all of the above to be true.
Or you're just a bitter furloughed guy spouting off.

Only time will tell. If much of the above was true the SEC would be interested in having a chat with you. According to widely dissemeinated public information any of the above is possible I suppose. SKYW leadership is on record as stating they have pursued and will continue to purse different expansion and business opportunities. Like anyone else you're just making a WAG. Aside from the ASA speculation I'd wager your frist 3 sentences turn out to be totally inaccurate.

propjockey said:
To speculate on an answer to the original question, it might be interesting to have a look at the bank statements of some of the 4th and 5th cousins of the powers that be in SGU. Did cousin Ed suddenly come into a few million dollars and a stock tip? Maybe a little "outsider" insider trading going on in anticipation of some big announcement?

It sure seems like a lot of stock activity and price increase for "business as usual," doesn't it?

Business as usual? They just posted another $34 million dollar profit this quarter. I think thats enough reason for the stock to go up.

Man am I out of the loop as to how this industry works. Perhaps I should just post something here in order to rally folks to my cause (albeit tired) even if what I write comes at the expense of original thought or adolescent whining. I like the protection of anonymity though, makes me feel triumphant and larger than life. I like flying shiny new 70-seaters for 50-seat rates, would do it for Brasilia rates if possible, and might even change my profile to reflect a more acceptable (or at least mainstream for the antagonists) version like having generic aircraft experience, a nice play on words for both position and time, and fluff my ratings a little bit so I can presume more respect; that however, would detract from my obsession of being a worthy SCAB. I won't even delve into the history of industry because that's not important, because everything I need to know I can get from these Boards or from my representatitive body, regardless of bias or accuracy. In the macro- and micro-environment, this industry is really like so many others, but I can't really accept that because I am a pilot, and deserve so much more than other classes of workers, because of my current and past struggles--I hated being forced into such a position and lifestyle. But what do I know, I am so far out of the loop as to how this industry works.

Stock price will fall (a few points only) over the next week, if history is a good market trend, as investors chose to take their profit.

Last edited:
Bluto said:
I agree that the 70-seat pay at SkyWest is atrocious. It's an insult. That's why I, and many pilots like me, don't bid it. If you don't bid it, they won't award it to you. Every pilot I know at SkyWest that flies the 70 chose to do so by bidding 70-seat lines. I think it's very short-sighted to do this for a decent line, or to get off reserve, but it happens.

I don't fly it either, but how is bidding for one of the -700 lines short-sighted? The agreement to fly them was already voted on...not bidding for the lines just means they will go more junior. I doubt the company cares whether they go junior or not. The metal will move regardless. If you see one you like and don't mind the extra training, you might as well bid for it and get some good out of it! If you don't, it just means someone junior to you will...even if it's the bottom guy on the list, the company doesn't care.

If all the 70 lines go junior, that means the company is paying less for the pilots to fly it than they do the 50

Blah, Blah, Blah.....jeez.

To speculate on the original question: Posted a $34 million profit, numbers look good, cash in the bank, which leaves the co. in a good position to take advantage of opportunities that may arrise.

That and normal market fluctuations. Equities go up (and down) all the time based on no real news. Why? It is a human based market, subject to human based irrationalities.

Kinda like this board.

Latest resources

Back