• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SkyWest Staffing Problem

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
And you think that the "guarantee" of a SAPA negotiated "agreement" with management is worth anything? WTF? Ummm, last time I checked, SAPA has done nothing for us!

Oh, yeah GO SAPA, GO SAPA! SAPA has so much REAL BARGINING POWER! They can go to JA, BH, and boys and tell them what to do. And, golly gee wizz they will just listen and do whatever SAPA says. Are u freaking kidding me!!!!

TALK ABOUT WRAPPING THINGS UP IN A BOX! Oh, We have Sked+ - yippee do da! Hmmm, they were kind of quick to get Sked+ up and running weren't they? Makes you kind of start to wonder why so they were so quick to put up the cute little posters and flyers up in crew lounges!

On the other hand, I did get a new lunchbox and a flight attendent binder for my already bound FOM. At a cost to the company that I would have rather seen in form of a decent pay proposal that would have made a difference in my life.

So, keeping on drinking the kool-aid.

Again to beat a dead horse.............

IT DOESN'T MATTER IF THERE IS SAPA. MANAGEMENT HAS NO, I REPEAT NO, LEGAL OBLIGATION TO DO ANYTHING SAPA SAYS.

SAPA CAN "NEGOTIATE" AND "BARGIN" ALL THEY WANT. IT DOESN'T MATTER. IT IS AN EXERCISE IN FUTILITY!

SAPA HAS NOTHING, NOTHING, NOTHING TO NEGOTIATE WITH.

HOW CAN U NEGOTIATE WITH MANAGEMENT WHEN YOU ARE FUNDED BY MANAGEMENT, WHEN THERE IS NO LEGAL, BINDING AGREEMENT BETWEEN THE TWO PARTIES, WHEN MANAGEMENT CAN CHANGE THE RULES OF THE GAME AS WELL AS THE PLAYING FIELD AND YOU HAVE NO LEGAL RECOURSE!

THAT IS NOT NEGOTIATING OR BEING REPRESENTED!

AS YOU QUOTED EARLIER...."feel all warm and toasty inside." ISN'T THAT WHAT SAPA DOES BEST?

SAPA IS THE VERY DEFINITION OF "THE BOX OF CRA%"
agreed- I dont believe ive ever been a sapa cheerleader... they have less power than alpa... however- I believe any union other than alpa would represent us better.

however- I believe any union other than alpa would represent us better.

Any union other than ALPA wouldn't have the resources or experience to represent you properly.

Jon,
I don't think I need to add anything!
Do the math?
PBR
Is it all about the money for you? All the money in the world isnt going to do a thing if your work life sucks... You know me? or you just did a bit of research? should i expect a warm box in my mailbox?

agreed- I dont believe ive ever been a sapa cheerleader... they have less power than alpa... however- I believe any union other than alpa would represent us better.

If you had been here longer or made any attempt at getting informed, you would know that there have been efforts at several unions other than ALPA...none came to pass! Here's why: There are others that aren't SAPA cheerleaders that use the "any union other than ALPA" excuse not to vote for ALPA, but then there are always those that are against an inhouse union, and those against teamsters, and then the remaining group who are so apathetic they just can't be bothered to inform themselves about their own careers... and guess what we keep getting stuck with????? SAPA

Last edited:
If you had been here longer or made any attempt at getting informed, you would know that there have been efforts at several unions other than ALPA...none came to pass! Here's why: There are others that aren't SAPA cheerleaders that use the "any union other than ALPA" excuse not to vote for ALPA, but then there are always those that are against an inhouse union, and those against teamsters, and then the remaining group who are so apathetic they just can't be bothered to inform themselves about their own careers... and guess what we keep getting stuck with????? SAPA
As I recall, on each of those votes, the ballot was constructed so that the voter could write in any union desired. If 50% + 1 had voted for union representation, the union receiving the most votes (even if less that 50% of the pilot population at SKYW) would have been brought in as the bargaining agent.

As I recall, on each of those votes, the ballot was constructed so that the voter could write in any union desired. If 50% + 1 had voted for union representation, the union receiving the most votes (even if less that 50% of the pilot population at SKYW) would have been brought in as the bargaining agent.

That's true Andy...still goes back to individuals not wanting to take a chance voting for their choice(teamsters, ALPA, inhouse), since doing so they'd be taking a chance(as you mention above) of getting something other than their particular choice.

So when ALPA was on the ballot, if they wanted teamsters they wouldn't try to write in teamsters for fear that teamsters wouldn't get more votes by write in than ALPA which was on the ballot. Since they were against ALPA, didn't want to take that chance.

Last edited:
Is it all about the money for you? All the money in the world isnt going to do a thing if your work life sucks... You know me? or you just did a bit of research? should i expect a warm box in my mailbox?
Yeah,
Money is important, QOL is more important, I was here while you were in JR High, trying to figger out why you wake up with a kickstand, in the morning. I don't know you, don't wanna know you, but I do know that the pilot group would be better off with out you on the senority list. You come on here and talk smack, trying to stir the $hit and parrot BH's dogma, guess what there are two sides to this job(yes, job, not career), and you have made your position clear. I will hope that on your next PC you get a sim instructor who is less than sympathetic to your dogma, hopefully a very senior guy who can't fund his impending retirement, or maybe a not as senior guy who couldn't get his first kids birthday off because of staffing issues, or maybe a guy who was gypped out of his App.D when he was flying the line, and thinks you are the problem, and just doesn't feel quite as charitable to the guy who just pi$$es him off. Enjoy that commute to STL after finishing that 16hr 4day, and commuting to and from the sim on your days off. I will just hope that your return from STL or wherever you have to go for sim is on a ticket as a passenger, and not a line pilot. You are boil on the a$$ of this profession(rapidly becomming a $hitty job).
Eat $hit and die
PBR

Yeah,
Money is important, QOL is more important, I was here while you were in JR High, trying to figger out why you wake up with a kickstand, in the morning. I don't know you, don't wanna know you, but I do know that the pilot group would be better off with out you on the senority list. You come on here and talk smack, trying to stir the $hit and parrot BH's dogma, guess what there are two sides to this job(yes, job, not career), and you have made your position clear. I will hope that on your next PC you get a sim instructor who is less than sympathetic to your dogma, hopefully a very senior guy who can't fund his impending retirement, or maybe a not as senior guy who couldn't get his first kids birthday off because of staffing issues, or maybe a guy who was gypped out of his App.D when he was flying the line, and thinks you are the problem, and just doesn't feel quite as charitable to the guy who just pi$$es him off. Enjoy that commute to STL after finishing that 16hr 4day, and commuting to and from the sim on your days off. I will just hope that your return from STL or wherever you have to go for sim is on a ticket as a passenger, and not a line pilot. You are boil on the a$$ of this profession(rapidly becomming a $hitty job).
Eat $hit and die
PBR
do you need some asprin? you seem quite fussy...

do you need some asprin? you seem quite fussy...
Naaah,
What I would love to see, is for you to fail upgrade and go back to your Radio Shack Asst. Mgr.(PM shift).
Eat $hit and choke on it!
PBR

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back