Skywest Runs Off runway

contrail67

Total Time
SAN ANTONIO (AP) - A regional carrier jet ran off a runway at San Antonio International Airport after landing on a flight from Los Angeles.
Chicago-based United Airlines spokeswoman Megan McCarthy says none of the 52 passengers and four crew members on the United Express jet were injured. They were bused to the terminal.
McCarthy says United will work with SkyWest Airlines, the operator of the regional carrier, to try to determine what caused the aircraft to leave the runway.
San Antonio airport spokesman David Hebert says in a story on the San Antonio Express-News Web site that the plane appeared to be having some mechanical difficulties.
The accident closed the primary runway at the airport for about two hours. Its other runway was already closed for construction.

Any details what happened?

PBRstreetgang

Registered Abuser
Total Time
Total
SAN ANTONIO (AP) - A regional carrier jet ran off a runway at San Antonio International Airport after landing on a flight from Los Angeles.
Chicago-based United Airlines spokeswoman Megan McCarthy says none of the 52 passengers and four crew members on the United Express jet were injured. They were bused to the terminal.
McCarthy says United will work with SkyWest Airlines, the operator of the regional carrier, to try to determine what caused the aircraft to leave the runway.
San Antonio airport spokesman David Hebert says in a story on the San Antonio Express-News Web site that the plane appeared to be having some mechanical difficulties.
The accident closed the primary runway at the airport for about two hours. Its other runway was already closed for construction.

Any details what happened?
DEETS:
Captains iPod came unplugged from the I/C, causing him to lose his groove, F/O was re-gelling his hair and couldn't grab the yoke because his hands were to slippery to save the day! Oh well!
PBR

Salukipilot4590

IS WE ON TV?
Total Time
DEETS:
Captains iPod came unplugged from the I/C, causing him to lose his groove, F/O was re-gelling his hair and couldn't grab the yoke because his hands were to slippery to save the day! Oh well!
PBR
You owe me a new Diet Shasta Orange and Razer Lycosa!

bmpilot2003

Registered Donor
Total Time
7k+
DEETS:
PBR
By the way PBR the captain of this flight who i looked up (#250) has probably been here longer than you. I doubt he has an ipod, he was probably trying to figure out how to play his vinyl record through the i/c.

skywav8r

Total Time
Hope he and his job are ok!

No worries, the union has his back.

Oh yeah, Mesa sucks.

HockleyPilot

Professional Fuel Manager
Total Time
help
By the way PBR the captain of this flight who i looked up (#250) has probably been here longer than you. I doubt he has an ipod, he was probably trying to figure out how to play his vinyl record through the i/c.

FO was EVEN MORE senior that the CA.

Poahi

Total Time
I've read on other forums that it wasn't a runway and that they might have had trouble controlling the airplane as they taxied to the gate after landing. Glad no one was hurt.

Max Q

ಠ_ಠ
Total Time
Eleven
There is a severe deficiency of deets in this thread.

-Brett

Andy Neill

Total Time
Was the treadmill feature on the landing surface inoperative? That could account for a lot.

Or maybe it was a landing to the west with the earth's rotation making the runway pass underneath too fast (it's going 1000 knots at the equator!).

Rez O. Lewshun

Save the Profession
Total Time
X>X
You still at 9E?

Naw.. it was a bipartisan runway.... they just 'parted it...

Max Q

ಠ_ಠ
Total Time
Eleven
Comments are like @ holes...

...they are completely FOS.

-Brett