Skywest Runs Off runway

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

contrail67

SAN ANTONIO (AP) - A regional carrier jet ran off a runway at San Antonio International Airport after landing on a flight from Los Angeles.
Chicago-based United Airlines spokeswoman Megan McCarthy says none of the 52 passengers and four crew members on the United Express jet were injured. They were bused to the terminal.
McCarthy says United will work with SkyWest Airlines, the operator of the regional carrier, to try to determine what caused the aircraft to leave the runway.
San Antonio airport spokesman David Hebert says in a story on the San Antonio Express-News Web site that the plane appeared to be having some mechanical difficulties.
The accident closed the primary runway at the airport for about two hours. Its other runway was already closed for construction.

Any details what happened?

SAN ANTONIO (AP) - A regional carrier jet ran off a runway at San Antonio International Airport after landing on a flight from Los Angeles.
Chicago-based United Airlines spokeswoman Megan McCarthy says none of the 52 passengers and four crew members on the United Express jet were injured. They were bused to the terminal.
McCarthy says United will work with SkyWest Airlines, the operator of the regional carrier, to try to determine what caused the aircraft to leave the runway.
San Antonio airport spokesman David Hebert says in a story on the San Antonio Express-News Web site that the plane appeared to be having some mechanical difficulties.
The accident closed the primary runway at the airport for about two hours. Its other runway was already closed for construction.

Any details what happened?

DEETS:
Captains iPod came unplugged from the I/C, causing him to lose his groove, F/O was re-gelling his hair and couldn't grab the yoke because his hands were to slippery to save the day! Oh well!
PBR

DEETS:
Captains iPod came unplugged from the I/C, causing him to lose his groove, F/O was re-gelling his hair and couldn't grab the yoke because his hands were to slippery to save the day! Oh well!
PBR

You owe me a new Diet Shasta Orange and Razer Lycosa!

DEETS:
PBR

By the way PBR the captain of this flight who i looked up (#250) has probably been here longer than you. I doubt he has an ipod, he was probably trying to figure out how to play his vinyl record through the i/c.

Latest resources

Back