• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skywest RJ class.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm guessing from previous posts that you are in the CRJ pool and turned down the EMB120 class to wait for the jet? Smart Move ??? In any case, there is supposed to be a late April New Hire class at OO, but I was under the impression that the May EMB class was moved forward to late April. I could be wrong, but the last I heard, upcoming CRJ classes were transitions, not new-hires. Pilots are being hired directly into EMB120 classes without waiting in the pool.

Great news. I guess it paid off for the people to wait. I personally just want a call and an interview. 1100 total and 165 multi with a little turbine. Not high but I had 2 employees of SkyWest (old instructors) write letters of recommendation. I hope that helps. I am glad that atleast some people are getting going. Have fun.

Here's a copy of my post from last week...

I would be astonished to see even a single newhire in an up-coming jet class. Previous post follows:

"For anyone dreaming of a newhire jet class at SkyWest, I just counted the number of people on the transition list (i.e. those who want to leave the Brasilia for the jet) who are a) clear of any seatlocks, and b) did not put an "award after xx/xx/xx" date on their standing bid.

I counted 33 that were free to transition at any time. On the surface that doesn't seem like many, but as the months roll by there are a bunch of people that were hired last summer whose seatlocks will be released starting in earnest with the May 5 class and extending through the Sept 28 class. (The last person on the transition list was hired 9/28/05).

There are a total of 104 people on the transition list. Barring some "big announcement," it could indeed be quite a while before a newhire sees the inside of an RJ at SkyWest. If there are still any fencesitters, I hope this will motivate you to take the first class available."

NWaviator,

Skywest has been running new hire classes for the Brasilia, so this isnt the first sign of hiring. Good luck.

Onbelay and propjockey,

It was a small newhire class. Smart move? well if i got in on this class, I would have thought it was very smart for me personally. I might lose about 20 numbers in seniority, but I would have stayed in the CRJ. I dont have SJS, i have SLS, So Lazy Syndrome. ha, I don't want to have to learn a new plane if i have a choice. If a few months go by and i lose about 100 numbers then i may start to regret it. Everyone has their own reasons on why they turned down the BRO to wait for the jet. Its not as easy of choice as you guys make it out to be. People value different things and have to factor in different variables. When they first called to to offer me the bro class. It was very hard for me to turn it down, i had to think about it all the way up to their decision deadline for me to give them an answer. i couldnt sleep that nite and gave myself a headache stressing about it. I made out a pros and cons list as well as call good friends in the industry to help me make a decision. but i do value you alls input and hopefully i will see you guys on the line.

blackbox said:
NWaviator,

I might lose about 20 numbers in seniority, but I would have stayed in the CRJ. I dont have SJS, i have SLS, So Lazy Syndrome. ha, I don't want to have to learn a new plane if i have a choice.

Those 20 numbers you let pass could mean the difference between a decent schedule and grinding it out on reserve somewhere. Don't let learning the different airplanes keep you out. Go fly the bro, you'll be glad you flew the t-prop for a while and got in sooner rather than later.

blackbox said:
NWaviator,

Skywest has been running new hire classes for the Brasilia, so this isnt the first sign of hiring. Good luck.

Onbelay and propjockey,

It was a small newhire class. Smart move? well if i got in on this class, I would have thought it was very smart for me personally. I might lose about 20 numbers in seniority, but I would have stayed in the CRJ. I dont have SJS, i have SLS, So Lazy Syndrome. ha, I don't want to have to learn a new plane if i have a choice. If a few months go by and i lose about 100 numbers then i may start to regret it. Everyone has their own reasons on why they turned down the BRO to wait for the jet. Its not as easy of choice as you guys make it out to be. People value different things and have to factor in different variables. When they first called to to offer me the bro class. It was very hard for me to turn it down, i had to think about it all the way up to their decision deadline for me to give them an answer. i couldnt sleep that nite and gave myself a headache stressing about it. I made out a pros and cons list as well as call good friends in the industry to help me make a decision. but i do value you alls input and hopefully i will see you guys on the line.

well i hate to say it,but it looks like this is gonna happen. my friend is in the Brasilia class right now and it has 30 people in it. the training dept said all the Brasilia class will be full to 30. plus if you could only see our list of seatlocks that are up right now for jet transistion, you would have prally taken to Brasilia. I personally don't see a new-hire jet class for a good while. at my domicille on the EMB I never sat reserve and after 6 months I bid 7 of 13. not to bad.

Does anybody know the hiring plans of SkyWest for this year? How long after submitting app/resume before a call/email (typically)??? Any tips?

Latest resources

Back