Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

750driver

Last edited:
A friend of mine asked me for info on Skywest's Group Interviews the other day. I've already checked another thread, but no one answered the question.

http://forums.flightinfo.com/showthread.php?p=1207937#post1207937

http://www.skywest.com/careers/pilot/groupinterview.php

Q1: Is the group interview by invitation only, or can anyone meeting mins show up?

Q2: What can be expected at this interview?

If anyone cares to respond, I'll email him the text. Thanks in advance gents :)

1. I believe the Group Interviews are open invitations - any and all who meet the mins are welcome to attend. For those who are previous 121 and have more than basic mins might be able to interview directly in SLC. Apply online and see what happens.

2. It might have changed but when I went through the Group Interview two years ago, it was an intro by HR followed by a short video. Next were the ATP and mechanical writtens with a short one-on-one interview at the end. People who made it all the way through the short interview were scheduled for the more in-depth process in SLC - sim ride, HR and tech interviews, and CRM scenario.

I could've gone to Skywest two years ago but was uncertain about making a lateral move. In 20/10 hindsight, that might've not been the best decision at the time.

Good luck - Skywest is a good operation.

With the most recent pay scale at SKYW... Did the first year pay go up at all or is it still $19.02 per hr?

Thanks

19.25 now. dont spend it all in one place.
oh...and no bohica override for the 7and 900.
dont thank me, thank sapa.

19.25 now. dont spend it all in one place.
oh...and no bohica override for the 7and 900.
dont thank me, thank sapa.

Pay no attention to this idiot. This guy is afraid of his own shadow. A couple of weeks ago he called out MESA out in PHX to check out an "electrical smell" in the cockpit. Ofcouse they found nothing. Afraid of his own shadow!

Q1: Is the group interview by invitation only, or can anyone meeting mins show up?

Q2: What can be expected at this interview?

If anyone cares to respond, I'll email him the text. Thanks in advance gents :)

1) Anyone with the mins, a pulse, and can fog a mirror can show up on time. Bring your resume and copy of your current First Class medical, pilot license, drivers license and passport. If you don't have that all in order you won't continue. Have the online application done and it wouldn't hurt to have a hard copy and any copies of LOR's.

2) Depends on how many show up, both in applicants and staff. Generally they will try to the H.R. and/or technical portion of the interview. If you do well, get an invite back for the sim.

It was a few years ago for me. They were short staffed and a big turn out. Flew out on my own dime and they wound up sending everyone home with a thank you who weren't former 121 or had turbine time. A couple of weeks later they flew me back for the full interview and was hired on the spot. See http://www.aviationinterviews.com/ for the current gouge.

Good luck! It's a decent place to work with good people. I haven't meet anyone yet who says they wished they went or stayed somewhere else.

I went to the group thing this last Sept. or so.......bring all your papers....Video...why skywest rocks...Intro to the interviewers....After all that they say mingle amongst yourselves and then they call people a few at a time....with short HR questions....if you do good there...they schedule your there for "real" one in SLC...On that interview the Mech. and ATP test...while you wait to be called for sim and tech interview....

Good luck...may the force be with you......always.

lance....what are talking about?
the guy asked a question. i answered it. sure i threw my own opinion in there. but factually my statement is correct is it not?

anyone that went to Skywest from a 121 carrier currently flying CRJ and get to skip the sim? What was the tech interview like for these guys too?

Latest resources

Back