Skywest question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

PILOTO

hello everybody! i'm planning to go to a Career or job fair tomorrow at Seattle. can anybody tell me what to expect? Am i going to be interviewed on the spot? any info please. thanks

If you have the time I wouldn't be surprised if they interviewed you there. You will probably still have to come to SLC for the sim eval if the interview is successful. They have a CRJ class on the 19th and last I heard they wanted like 60 and only have around 10 (this was a week ago so...), so they need qualified applicants.

Know your current aircraft systems and be able to describe a couple in detail. Know you Jepps, both plates and enroute. Some of the stuff they ask can get pretty in depth. So far it's been a good experience and a good group of people. Let me know if there is anything else I can answer. Good luck.

You should have expected to have asked this question sooner than the night before.

You may get interviewed on the spot. Not sure.

Be on your game. First impressions are the toughest to change. I think the job fairs are to make sure you have the minimums, can tie a tie, and maybe pass a 25 question ATP test. Not to tough. Just be sharp and nail the interview when they invite you.

Sorry I can't be more help. It has been about 3.5 years since I thought about it.

I figured I would throw you a bone since it is late.

Good luck.

Yeah, forgot about the 50 question ATP test. It's not bad, but having studied the book a bit really helps. No figures, just A B C. Also a 20 question mechanical aptitude test...ie; You have a 300 gallon tank with water flowing in at 20 gallons an hour and water flowing out at 5 gallons an hour. How long till it's full? Stuff like that...again not too hard. They may or may not give the tests at the job fairs...I dunno. Good luck.

Be able to calculate a VDP. Both methods- time and DME. They're big on this.

Don't go to SkyWest. They're a bunch of scabs. They hate all other pilots and only care about themselves. They declined to have 2% of their paychex taken by ALPA so they are obviously scabs. You will never get another job if you go there. :(

Piloto,
If you ever want to work at a major I would not go to work for a non union carrier. The days are comming when union airlines wont hire non union airline pilots! Especially since Skywest just snubbed ALPA. Right now everbody is hiring.

701EV

Latest resources

Back