• Start date
  • Watchers 15

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Most likely XJet would pull back to Houston and Continental would get it's 69 ERJ's back, or more. I hear that they can cancel contracts for another 69 planes next January. That beautiful industry leading contract is a boulder hanging around your neck in the small jet provider sector. You have to ask yourself, "What's in it for SKYW?" What does EXJet have that SKYW might want? An expensive pilot contract? No. A backdoor for ALPA at SKYW? No. Additional flying for DAL at LAX? Yes. An independent branded opperation? Possibly. Another Major partner? Sure. If they can get what they want and insulate themselves from what they don't, wholesale or cheaper, then there might be a deal. Merger? Not likely, just ask ASA. Sorry for providing rational analysis. Mesa sucks, ALPA rules and Ron Paul for President! There is that better?

Cheers

Do you realize how stupid you sound? :cool: Yes voter maybe? WTF:rolleyes: I guess the line above your avatar says it all except its backwards.

Also the 69 planes will never go to CAL unless XJT shuts down. Those are already off the CAL plate and are the "better" 50 seaters on the market. The next round of potential Cuts from the capacity agreement cant be announced until the end of 08 and cant be pulled till 2010. But i am sure you already knew that...:eek:

Last edited:
Most likely XJet would pull back to Houston and Continental would get it's 69 ERJ's back, or more. I hear that they can cancel contracts for another 69 planes next January. That beautiful industry leading contract is a boulder hanging around your neck in the small jet provider sector. You have to ask yourself, "What's in it for SKYW?" What does EXJet have that SKYW might want? An expensive pilot contract? No. A backdoor for ALPA at SKYW? No. Additional flying for DAL at LAX? Yes. An independent branded opperation? Possibly. Another Major partner? Sure. If they can get what they want and insulate themselves from what they don't, wholesale or cheaper, then there might be a deal. Merger? Not likely, just ask ASA. Sorry for providing rational analysis. Mesa sucks, ALPA rules and Ron Paul for President! There is that better?

Cheers

This dude thinks Don Pablo...I mean Ron Paul has a chance. Need I say more, go back to your Kool-Aid there ravioli.:rolleyes:

Cheers

Happy with the contract you work under? I'm sure its substandard and for some really demented reason, you would like to see the failure of a pilot group with a stronger contract. The worst part for you is that you bought into mgt's BS line that your pilot contract would make or break the company.

The reality of the situation is that XJT will survive or fail and there is nothing the pilot contract will do in either case. They pilots get what they negotiated, made the contract enforceable, and have exactly what they deserve. Too bad for you.

I'm quite happy where I am thank you very much. If you're so sure our pay and work rules are so substandard, don't apply, please.

"The reality of the situation is that XJT will survive or fail and there is nothing the pilot contract will do in either case. They pilots get what they negotiated, made the contract enforceable, and have exactly what they deserve."

Just how long did it take CAL to drop those airplanes after that contract was ratified? Pilot labor costs are but one factor of many. You would have to ask CAL management if that was the deciding factor, but it was timely. Surely the prospect of additional reductions must give you reason to pause.

I do not wish to see the failure of XJet as you suggest. I am glad you are happy with your contract and wish to see your branded flying prosper. I think you are going about it in an intelligent manner focusing on smaller cities and avoiding directly competing with mainline. Everyone I know who has flown on you raves about the service.

The topic of the thread had to do with the possibility of Skywest acquiring XJet and I sought to offer some potential insights from SKYW's perspective.

Tomct and Superpilot; you wouldn't know intelligent discourse if it smacked you in the face.

Cheers

I'm quite happy where I am thank you very much. If you're so sure our pay and work rules are so substandard, don't apply, please.

"The reality of the situation is that XJT will survive or fail and there is nothing the pilot contract will do in either case. They pilots get what they negotiated, made the contract enforceable, and have exactly what they deserve."

Just how long did it take CAL to drop those airplanes after that contract was ratified? Pilot labor costs are but one factor of many. You would have to ask CAL management if that was the deciding factor, but it was timely. Surely the prospect of additional reductions must give you reason to pause.

I do not wish to see the failure of XJet as you suggest. I am glad you are happy with your contract and wish to see your branded flying prosper. I think you are going about it in an intelligent manner focusing on smaller cities and avoiding directly competing with mainline. Everyone I know who has flown on you raves about the service.

The topic of the thread had to do with the possibility of Skywest acquiring XJet and I sought to offer some potential insights from SKYW's perspective.

Tomct and Superpilot; you wouldn't know intelligent discourse if it smacked you in the face.

Cheers
Fair enough I guess, but the XJT pilot contract had nothing to do with the loss of XJT flying. There were many factors but pilot pay neither makes or breaks XJT financials. For the record, I don't work for XJT.

Most likely XJet would pull back to Houston and Continental would get it's 69 ERJ's back, or more. I hear that they can cancel contracts for another 69 planes next January.

That statement sounds very factual, it makes it sound like you know what your talking about, but its only half truths. Makes it harder to wade through the bs.
That beautiful industry leading contract is a boulder hanging around your neck in the small jet provider sector. You have to ask yourself, "What's in it for SKYW?" What does EXJet have that SKYW might want? An expensive pilot contract? No. A backdoor for ALPA at SKYW? No.

True, being at the top usually puts you in a place that might leave a lot of room to fall. Instead of being pessimistic about xjt's contract try to be optimistic that everyone else will get as good or a better contract. Unless your for management. I wonder if the guys at FedEx UPS, and Southwest share your opinon and are trying to ditch the "boulder around their necks." I'm sure they are all saying lets take a pay cut to stay on industry average.

Should we put you up to a no vote on XJT SKYW mergers?

Last edited:
Fed Ex and UPS are apples to oranges. I don't think WN pilots are expecting much more than COLA, I wish them well. An all important factor is that we fly for subcontractors who can be hired or fired relatively easily as has been demonstrated many times over the last few years. If the above mentioned pilot groups win large pay increases they have zero chance of getting fired.

Pessimistic, optimistic, realistic. You have to know where you stand.

I would be quite happy to see EXJet remain independant. ASA for that matter too. I have been a captain for a long time already and stand to gain nothing.

Cheers

Latest resources

Back