SkyWest Pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

~~~^~~~

SkyWest pilots - are there any of you on this board? We would like to hear about your schedules, what works at your airline and what doesn't. Lets do our own little FlightInfo.com best practices study. What do you and the the folks in your crew lounge think of this airline acquisition?

...not to steal the thread, but this is a good place to add that I, for one, am looking forward to the closing and working alongside SkyWest pilots and other groups as well.

Im no expert, but been here for 5 years and like the place.
Former EMB capt, and now capt on the CRJ 200/700.
Been in 4 of our domiciles, PSP, DEN, IAH and now ORD.
Ask me some specific questions?
Schedules have always been a mix of locals, stand ups, 3 and 4 day trips and 2 day back to backs.
PBS is being foisted upon us, so no clue what the schedules will be like when we have to use this system to bid.
What other questions?

First off - welcome aboard. I look forward to the two groups coming together to act as one and make this the best airline anywhere. SKYW - we know what we need to do...

As far as my lifestyle, I am in the top 27% of all FO's on the RJ (the 50 seater :) ) and I am in the top 25% in SLC. I can't hold 3 day trips, but I can hold back to back 2 days, which I actually enjoy. My last trip was a 1300 check in with a 1400 release the next day. Overnight was in MSO (one of my favorites). I enjoy travel on DAL and UAL. Man, this sounds like the dating game :D

The impression I get is that we are absolutely happy to have you join us. As a pilot group we hope we can band together and be the strongest pilot group in the industry, so lets do it. We have been given an oportunity so we need to take advantage of it. Glad to have you - lets party

PUKE

First off, welcome. This purchase scares us as much as it scares you guys but all the info out that we received thus far has eased a lot of fears for both pilot groups. All that I have talked to are happy that we will be operating as separate companies. I don't know a good way to integrate a seniority list without making at least one person mad. The way I see it, for now, is that only the parent company has changed. The buzz about whipsaw I hope never happens, we want your higher 70 seat wage and you want our higher 50 seat wage. My personal opinion from crew lounge chatter is that we will be attempting unionization sooner rather than later. As pilots we enjoy travel benefits with both delta and united no matter where your domicile is. The ground folks based strictly in delta cities (slc) don't get the united bennies. Delta bennies are free and ual's cost a bit but are cheap...(sfo-sea economy $13.14, first class $20.79, lax-ord economy $18.50, sfo-ogg economy $25.92). These are just a few examples but obviously there is a LOT that management has to do before they get to working on travel bennies. Our latest from the travel dept. says they obviously want to look at both companies, find the best deals from each, and wammo, use those for everyone. As far as skywest bennies its obviously free for family but since the IRS dipped their greedy hands into this area the buddy passes have gone up in price. It's now $30 each leg. Schedules are changing all the time. Last year they really sucked but since we reinstated the domicile reps to tweak things they've improved greatly. Preferential bidding went live in two domiciles this month and will continue to spread system wide over the next few months. The jury is still out on whether this will be good or bad for us. My guess is that it will reward seniority and really suck for junior folks. Lets hope for the best for both pilot groups and companies.

later,

jason

:cool: Thanks for the kind welcome! I hope that the two pilot groups can come together with a union and make us one HUGE pilot group. Look forward to talking to the folks throughout the system to see what their take on this is. I hope that everyone see's the true potential we have IF we were able to come together as ONE VOICE!

Fly Safe!

Latest resources

Back