SkyWest pilots to petition NMB...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Morgoth said:

(2) how comfortable are you with their lack of experience running a union, their negotiating skills, etc.,

(3) do you think that UPA will prevent the company from creatively interpreting any contract any more than they do your current policy manual?

2. We offered you guys ALPA, lots of experience, but you turned it down, too. just curious, what was your argument then? Many of you anti-ALPA guys/gals were crying for an "in house union"...well?? what is it this time??

3. NO, but at least we can fight back. Does SAPA fight for you? yes, if you're management.

Last edited:
Auto-throttle said:
2. We offered you guys ALPA, lots of experience, but you turned it down, too. just curious, what was your argument then? Many of you anti-ALPA guys/gals were crying for an "in house union"...well?? what is it this time??

I think ALPA would be more popular than UPA.

3. NO, but at least we can fight back. Does SAPA fight for you? yes, if you're management.

That's just not true. For example payroll somehow decided to change the way they pay us for cancelled legs recently. The change resulted in us looseing extra pay for any legs that went over normal credit time that day if we had a cancelled leg. SAPA was informed, they documented it and took it to management and got it corrected with back pay. It took less than 2 days. Over the summer SAPA got the company to make junior manning volentary. The company can call on you day off, but they can't require you to goto work. SAPA has a PR problem of sorts. A lot of little problems are getting fixed, we're getting better jumpseat agreements, the pay committe is calculating, etc. all while everyone is standing around talking about how useless SAPA is. And by the way IT'S FREE!

Scott

Scott,

I've got news for you....The reason all these problems are getting solved so quickly is that there is a union drive going on!!! This is all part of their strategy to derail the union petition.

On a different vein, do you really think that some $6.75/hr clerk makes pay policy? NOT. These policies come from much higher up, and if the stink gets to bad, they reverse it.

This is deja vu all over again.

You Skywest folks should ask some Horizon pilots about their experience transitioning from non-union to union agreement. They can tell you if they believe going union is better than non-union.

During recent conference calls certain management people ;) have stated that SkyWest’s plan is to fly 70/90 seat jets at the lowest crew rates in the nation.

Ok, so tell me why we don't need a union? Doesn't look like SkyWest management is looking after the pilots with that statement.

Also a certain someone :cough: CEO :cough: recently stated that we in the 50 seat RJ are over paid.

We need someone to look after OUR interests. Is that UPA? I'm not sure. I do know that SAPA does a better job of representing management to us, rather than us to management.
(i.e the reserve bucket system, "oh come on guys this will help out the company", - who cares that it totally throws the senioirty system out the window - thanks SAPA).

Horizon union transition

Yes we've had our problems, but there the same ones we will always have. Only now we have a REAL contract instead of an agreement that could be changed at managments will. It could have been better but Its better than nothing.

CRJ 700 cpt DOS + 24mo only three more years to go!

1-65.07
5-73.52
10-87.16
15-101.49
18-110.90

Raise the bar and get what you deserve

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back