• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SkyWest pilot dies on overnight in freak accident

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Jen was my Comm. Instructor back in 98 before she went to Lakes. I met a life long friend, and we stayed in touch often. She was a very spontaneous and joyful soul and will be missed.

Favorite memory with Jen!
I owned a Grumman AA1 Yankee back in 98. We would go flying together and float skittles off the dash and grab them with our mouth.

There was a farewell salute with the fire trucks and water cannons to greet a Skywest flight that landed here in her home town of Sioux Falls. I was taxing by as it was in progress. A nice salute and a thanks to the Skywest folks for orchestrating that tribute.

Rest in peace Jen, may you have blue skies and tailwinds from here on out!

Mark

There was a farewell salute with the fire trucks and water cannons to greet a Skywest flight that landed here in her home town of Sioux Falls. I was taxing by as it was in progress. A nice salute and a thanks to the Skywest folks for orchestrating that tribute.

Rest in peace Jen, may you have blue skies and tailwinds from here on out!

Mark
If I got the info correctly, and there are others who would definitely know better than I...

Jen was received by many of her colleagues in DEN yesterday afternoon as she made her final trip from CPR to FSD. She flew home to FSD for the last time yesterday evening on SkyWest 6754, making her final landing just after 1800L.

She was listed as the first "Co-" Pilot-In-Command on the flight releases for her final flights home...

Last edited:

Classy move Skywest.

Condolences to all of her friends and family.

RIP

My heart is with Jennifer's family and friends. My husband flies for SkyWest, and while neither of us know Jennifer, we both teared up again tonight at the tragic loss of a family member.

A young woman that made a career for herself - when the clouds turn pink at sunset, I will think of the captain that was taken from us all too soon.

Neither of us was there for her final flights home,but our hearts were there.

The chartered bus and welcome ceremonies that were held at Denver & Sioux Falls were truly touching. Well done, and well deserved.

If their is a charity or cause that Jennifer supported, please let us know. We would like to give a donation in her memory.

Godspeed, Jennifer.

Thank you ScubaGirl-
Anything that we can do would still not be enough, I guess its the small things that count....

Please keep us all posted on the message board - I think others would like to donate as well.

Check your PM,

b

I talked to Jen's mom and sister today. They both thought the best charity would be the Sioux Falls Area Humane Society. Jen was a big animal lover her whole life. Her dog Jackson was like her son. Also Jen donated money with her niece in the past to the humane society. Anything donated in her honor would be greatly appreicated. Here is the website.

http://www.sfhumanesociety.com/

Jennifer Job-Massa is the proper spelling of her name.

Thank you everyone for your kind words. Jen's mom was on here today and really appreciated reading what everyone wrote.

Latest resources

Back