Skywest Pilot Career Progam

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

qwerty

Is there any people out there who signed up for this program back in the day?

I'm one of them and was wondering if there are any folks out there still trying to figure out what is going on.

who knows?

from what I've seen, it's a bust. In instruct at UVSC and we hear almost nothing about it anymore. It moved to fast from the great idea phase to being implemented too early. sucks, but what can you do. I think they'll still offer internet courses and the like, but I don't think they have any 'special' agreements with regionals in place that will help you in getting an interview.

http://http://www.pilotcareer.org/

????????

boy, is that hilarious. don't we all wish! I think that 30/hr is close to what students pay, but like all flight schools, we only get a portion of that.

The Skyworst Pilot Career Program is dead. Anybody who got scammed into putting money into the program, I feel for but sorry your SOL. "Skywest" never wanted anything to do with it in the first place, it was a UVSC thing. The old (he has now been forced to step down) hiring manager at Skywest got together on his own with a guy from UVSC, and came up with a $$$$ scheme to sucker people in.

I was very suspicious from the start, being an instructor at a "Program" school. I was privy to some of the inside rhetoric coming from UVSC that was not available to the general public. For example, each school was to come up with guidelines for the training and SAC checks on it's own. So much for airline training and standardization huh? Also, the few pilot shirts that were sent out were from the "former" hiring manager's wife's embroidery shop. The reason more shirts were not sent out is because her small shop couldn't keep up with the demand and they wouldn't use another vendor, for fear of losing money. The list just goes on and on.

PS

If you paid the money to enroll in the program and were signed up, you will be guaranteed an interview when you meet published mins. That's what we've been told, anyway. However, with hiring slowing, a guaranteed interview may be months ahead.

Latest resources

Back