• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

Skywest Pilot Bases

lemtjones

live to surf-surf to live
Total Time
I was wondering if anyone knows the F/O and Captain seniority required for holding lines in LAX and SAN for the RJ and Brasilia. Also, anyone know how senior you need to be to hold DEN in the RJ as Capt?

viper548

Total Time
LAX is reserve only. I think it's senior. SAN is EMB only and VERY senior. RJ CA in DEN is Junior currently running about 2 years

viper548

Total Time
Emb Ca Lax 2/04
Crj Ca Lax 12/99
Emb Ca San 1/01
Crj Ca Den 2/03

meatwallet

certified muff diver
Total Time
3:16
I asked this on the other thread, but it was lost when the DB crashed. What are the junior CRJ bases, and when do new-hires know their assignment?

viper548

Total Time
in the RJ new hires should expect to get ORD or DEN. It shouldn't take long to get get SLC, COS or FAT. TUS shouldn't take long either. SMF, PSP, SBA and LAX all take a while to get. I found out after ground school, but before sim (about 4 weeks in). I think most classes are about the same from what i've heard.

ilkwamh2

ILL-INI
Total Time
I asked this on the other thread, but it was lost when the DB crashed. What are the junior CRJ bases, and when do new-hires know their assignment?

You usually find out towards the very end of groundschool. Once you find out, you can put a bid in for another base and sometimes you'll get rewarded that base before you're done with sim or IOE. If not then, you'll get it within a month or two unless it's one of the senior west coast bases.