• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skywest Pay Vote in Effect

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That's pretty impressive. I wonder who they coattailed it from back then?

get over yourself, improvements in pay and QOL and everyone still whines about it. Cry that we dont have a union, cry that we voted down a pay package being non-unioned, cry that it actually gets voted down, sound like a bunch of women, just cant be happy with anything Skywest does. All because we cant share your misery of being an ALPA carrier. Im sure all this crying would go away if we were unioned, yeaaaa right.

get over yourself, improvements in pay and QOL and everyone still whines about it. Cry that we dont have a union, cry that we voted down a pay package being non-unioned, cry that it actually gets voted down, sound like a bunch of women, just cant be happy with anything Skywest does. All because we cant share your misery of being an ALPA carrier. Im sure all this crying would go away if we were unioned, yeaaaa right.

Settle down beavis, don't soil your drawers

I submit that there is a good reason why on the last three proposed pay raises your company has devised it to pit one group of its pilots against another group. The last one looks like it was an FO vs CP whereas the two before were BRO vs CRJ. And on each one of those, they've devised it so that its basically the demographics are 50% on one side vs 50% on the other side.

I submit that there is a good reason why on the last three proposed pay raises your company has devised it to pit one group of its pilots against another group. The last one looks like it was an FO vs CP whereas the two before were BRO vs CRJ. And on each one of those, they've devised it so that its basically the demographics are 50% on one side vs 50% on the other side.

That's no different than any recent ALPA contract....Happens everywhere whether ALPA or not....

I'm thinking [according to most SKYW haters, i.e. the economists and labor experts here] Southwest just screwed the industry again by agreeing to fly the 7378 for 7377 for wages. Can't wait for the ole' 'but that is different line' ...

If there is nothing to gain, then why is management so afraid of unions?
I know this isn't a union thread... but,

Ask the auto industry managers or the board of education for ANY public school district and they will easily answer why they are scared of unions. They aren't scared because "any penny given to labor comes out of their pockets", they are scared because unions make it tougher to manage a company and stay competitive and "nimble". Which could cause pennies ceasing to show up at all!

Talk to a teacher about their salary or stroll down a street in Detroit and ask anybody there if they are afraid of unions. They will probably say that the unions are a god sent, and they were the only power they "had" to stay employed. The funny thing is, they won't be able to speak with you for long because they will have to get to the unemployment office before it closes.

Looking at union driven industries, you see they SUFFER! Or at the very least, none of them are thriving. This isn't the 1950's anymore when there was plenty of labor and innovation and workers were getting screwed left and right. Today's world is a tad different.

P.S.
Nice job with the NO vote guys!! Let's see what we can do.

If the next "proposal" looks as horrible as the last one did, I'm pretty sure my personal care factor for on time performance will go to zero, and my tolerance for mx issues will head that way also. Get the pens ready, time to write up that squeaky arm rest at 2C!

That's no different than any recent ALPA contract....Happens everywhere whether ALPA or not....

You wouldn't see a TA where BRO pilots get 0% and CRJ pilots get more. Or a TA where you have a BHO for one type of aircraft for the same type of aircraft. Or a TA where the captains get a disproportionate pay increase over FOs.

Nevets, management just gives sapa the money and then sapa divides it up to the group.

I doubt it. Your managment would not go for a pay decrease for FOs in order to give captians a 30% increase. Anyways, your management funds SAPA. Talk about conflict of interest.

I'm thinking [according to most SKYW haters, i.e. the economists and labor experts here] Southwest just screwed the industry again by agreeing to fly the 7378 for 7377 for wages. Can't wait for the ole' 'but that is different line' ...

SWAPA choses the IPA model. Nothing wrong with that. In fact, that is the way we should all get paid, IMHO. To be perfectly honest with facts, they chose to increase the pay of ALL aircraft rather than fly CRJ900 for 50 seat pay.

I know this isn't a union thread... but,

Ask the auto industry managers or the board of education for ANY public school district and they will easily answer why they are scared of unions. They aren't scared because "any penny given to labor comes out of their pockets", they are scared because unions make it tougher to manage a company and stay competitive and "nimble". Which could cause pennies ceasing to show up at all!

Talk to a teacher about their salary or stroll down a street in Detroit and ask anybody there if they are afraid of unions. They will probably say that the unions are a god sent, and they were the only power they "had" to stay employed. The funny thing is, they won't be able to speak with you for long because they will have to get to the unemployment office before it closes.

Looking at union driven industries, you see they SUFFER! Or at the very least, none of them are thriving. This isn't the 1950's anymore when there was plenty of labor and innovation and workers were getting screwed left and right. Today's world is a tad different.

P.S.
Nice job with the NO vote guys!! Let's see what we can do.

If the next "proposal" looks as horrible as the last one did, I'm pretty sure my personal care factor for on time performance will go to zero, and my tolerance for mx issues will head that way also. Get the pens ready, time to write up that squeaky arm rest at 2C!

Yeah, because its tougher to manage a company and stay competitive and nimble at SWA, the most heavily unionized airline. Remember that the airline and rail industry are governed by different laws than all other industries. That is the biggest difference between ALPA and UAW or NEA. Don't just beleive all the anti union stuff you read or hear.

Yeah, because its tougher to manage a company and stay competitive and nimble at SWA, the most heavily unionized airline. Remember that the airline and rail industry are governed by different laws than all other industries. That is the biggest difference between ALPA and UAW or NEA. Don't just beleive all the anti union stuff you read or hear.

Just curious, but how are you measuring "heavily"?

Latest resources

Back