• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SkyWest paints optimistic picture for regionals

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Skywest knows they are f"ed with those 378 50 seaters. Their strategy of bribing mainline airlines by buying up flying and working under a loss may be beneficial to them in the long run. One thing's for sure they could proabaly fly with heavy losses for 20 years without going bankrupt. All the years of non union bottom feeding has done them good in the bank.

Regardless, no corporation is going to make a negative press statement.... nor are they expected.... what is interesting is the SkyWest employees pacifying their false conscious with this corporate practice....

Guys... it is what companies do.... it doesn't mean anything to you personally.

Looks like the Skywest pilot group IS the change they want to see in the industry. And it's paying off handsomely for them. Good job guys.

Skywest knows they are f"ed with those 378 50 seaters. Their strategy of bribing mainline airlines by buying up flying and working under a loss may be beneficial to them in the long run. One thing's for sure they could proabaly fly with heavy losses for 20 years without going bankrupt. All the years of non union bottom feeding has done them good in the bank.

You really are ignorant.

Regardless, no corporation is going to make a negative press statement.... nor are they expected.... what is interesting is the SkyWest employees pacifying their false conscious with this corporate practice....

You're incredibly smart, Rez. Scary smart! I don't think anyone on this forum would have picked that up if you hadn't pointed it out for us, Thanks again! Beer is on me next time! This is typical of any American business/Coorperation, especially one union who does it all the time. Do I need to name that Union?? Oh wait, they're an Association now.

Poor old Rez can't stand the Skywest success story...It really gets to him...Sad to see him so bitter about a successful company that treats it's employees well and still succeeds....

The ASA ALPA pilots like to hear these things from Skywest management...makes us smile too....Go Skywest...Don't worry about poor Rez....:laugh:

You're incredibly smart, Rez. Scary smart! I don't think anyone on this forum would have picked that up if you hadn't pointed it out for us, Thanks again! Beer is on me next time! This is typical of any American business/Coorperation, especially one union who does it all the time. Do I need to name that Union?? Oh wait, they're an Association now.

You're right...BOTH ALPA and Skywest management put out press releases that paint a rosy picture...The difference is that they usually come true for Skywest.....ALPA not so much....:laugh:

You're right...BOTH ALPA and Skywest management put out press releases that paint a rosy picture...The difference is that they usually come true for Skywest.....ALPA not so much....:laugh:

My favorite Rah Rah, Shish Boom Bah cheer from ALPA, has to be Prater's "We're taking it Back!" speech. The mouth breathers who watched in awe, as their Leader spoke to them, experienced goose bumps, followed by tears rolling down their cheeks and even a warm sensation in their trousers. The really believed that everything was going to turn around for the better.
It was that same week, Prater rallied the Spirit pilots, but completely ignored the Comair pilots we're getting hosed with more concessions.

Does anyone have a list of what Prater has Taken Back so far? Other than amending the way he is compensated, taking it the average of the Top 3....because this allows him to make more money.

Poor old Rez can't stand the Skywest success story...It really gets to him...Sad to see him so bitter about a successful company that treats it's employees well and still succeeds....

The ASA ALPA pilots like to hear these things from Skywest management...makes us smile too....Go Skywest...Don't worry about poor Rez....:laugh:

I'm pretty sure skywest doesn't treat all its employees well:

http://employmentlawgroupblog.com/wp-content/douglas-v-skywest-airlines.pdf

and how much are those guys making in the right seat (how many years will they be there)?

I'm pretty sure skywest doesn't treat all its employees well:

http://employmentlawgroupblog.com/wp-content/douglas-v-skywest-airlines.pdf

and how much are those guys making in the right seat (how many years will they be there)?

The FO's make the same as ASA and more than other CRJ pilots. Except for SkyWest pilots get to keep 2% of their paycheck.

As far as upgrade, you're right, the guys at SkyWest are hosed. They're going to be FO's forever. Unlike the FO's who are at ASA, Comair and PSA...those guys are so lucky, they're upgrading FO's like it's going out of style.
Are you pick'in up what I'm layin down?

Latest resources

Back