Skywest ORD?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

meyers9163

I was reading through some different threads about skywest and was hearing that being placed at ORD is something that is likely for a new F/O? I was wondering if there were any truth to this currently. It makes sense that a lot of people want to be out west therefore ORD is left for those who do not get their first choice out west but I was just wondering. I realize that it all depends as well but I did not know if there was anything as to why some do not want ORD and rather stay out west. Just wondering what the logic is to this. Thank you!

Many pilots come to skywest wanting to be based out west and don't want ORD because it's a long commute.

So a midwest guy wanting ORD if they are hiring at the time and the need is there would be a viable option? J/w

When last I spoke with Cassidy (recently) they had just had a few "numbers" meetings and she came back with the answer that there will be "nothing through March", which jived with the Christmas time email sent to all poolies saying nothing for Q1 06. She did not comment beyond that.

I have been in the jet for 6 months. The bases I can hold are ORD, FAT, and SLC. I am close to being able to be based in COS or DEN. In SLC I am 60 out of holding a line. In ORD I would be 15 into holding a line. It seems to me that everyone at Skywest is from the west and no one likes flying out of ORD. When classes start again, you can bet most will be placed in ORD if you're assigned the jet. I don't know where the brazilia fos are going though

Love ORD

I started at Eagle and got ORD because it was junior. It turns out that ORD is a really FUN place to fly in/out of. The controllers are the best, and you'll love learning how they run an airport with 12 runways in 12 different directions. It's a blast.

Come and enjoy.

Latest resources

Back