Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ilkwamh2

ILL-INI
Does anyone know what the chances of a new hire getting ORD base for Skywest? Thanks!

-W

If you get hired into the jet: very, very good...

I think ORD based would be great. Think of all the additional pay you would make waiting to taxi to your gate.

Yeah. I heard one RJ captain say to another that he had been flying to "the bank of O'Hare." Cha-ching! $$$

flyjumpseat said:
Are you asking because you WANT to be ORD based?
You are getting ahead of me...actually, I would have to get hired by Skywest in the first place, and then yes, I WANT to be ORD based. So let me ask this...what are the chances of getting CRJ out of training? since they only operate that out of ORD.

-W

The hiring for the next few months will be for the EMB. All of the CRJ classes are being filled with transitions from the EMB. This is slotted to continue through April.

If you do get the RJ, chances are great of getting ord. You dont make any 'extra' cash by sitting in the penalty box. Reason for this is that all of the block times are so overinflated to compensate for all the delays. So... if you happen to be early or on time, and have to sit in a box for 20 minutes, you will make just as much as if there was a gate ready for you. unless, you get a hold in the air, and then a hour long sit in the box, then you might make money. but thats a lot of work for 19/hr.

Not too concerned about the extra few dollars that's made during all the delays...would rather be based out of ORD. Thanks for the answers, makes sense that all you people out west don't want to come over to the midwest, especially when it's so cold in Chicago in the winter time.

-W

Latest resources

Back