• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skywest or ExpressJet?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
is your app in at both companies yet? You do get perdiem while in training. If i remember right it was like 1700 bucks for the 6 weeks of training. One of the deals with XJT app process is they want to see you currently employeed flying airplanes. Are you flying somewhere now? Good luck.

No, I have been away from 121 for 1 year now. I am multi and instrument current tho. I dont see that being a problem from what a bunch of people have told me. Hope not!

submitting my app to Xjet tonight sometime and will login to Skywest.com tonight to do the same. Just updated my resume last night and Ive been reading the gouges and studying up on my Jepps/regs. Do you think that for not flying 121 for a year that they would still hit me hard on CRJ questions?

No, I have been away from 121 for 1 year now. I am multi and instrument current tho. I dont see that being a problem from what a bunch of people have told me. Hope not!

submitting my app to Xjet tonight sometime and will login to Skywest.com tonight to do the same. Just updated my resume last night and Ive been reading the gouges and studying up on my Jepps/regs. Do you think that for not flying 121 for a year that they would still hit me hard on CRJ questions?

I am sure with your time and experiance it wouldnt be an issue. Get put the app in ASAP, Time is money!! I have a friend with similar qualifications and was scheduled for an interview a week after submitting. class started less than a week after interview.

I am sure with your time and experiance it wouldnt be an issue. Get put the app in ASAP, Time is money!! I have a friend with similar qualifications and was scheduled for an interview a week after submitting. class started less than a week after interview.

no $hit? wow! They must be hard up for pilots. Thanks for the great info. I remember back in the day when you were going through your interview process with Xjet. Looks like you are enjoying them. Take care- Spin

goto the company with most attrition. Attrition is excellent for your career. The more senior dudes leaving the better. You can work at the best place in the world but it doesn't mean anything if there is no growth/attrition.

Spinplate-
You're not going to get TUS during class but you might get it before you finish IOE. When do you get it, you'll be on reserve but you probably could to that from your home depending on where you live in PHX ie not deer valley or or goodyear

no $hit? wow! They must be hard up for pilots. Thanks for the great info. I remember back in the day when you were going through your interview process with Xjet. Looks like you are enjoying them. Take care- Spin

Yup, crazy how time flys. Glad to see you are getting back into it. Hope to see ya around! Shoot me a pm if you have any questions.

PHX to ONT is a really easy commute if you want to go to XJT. 1 hour flight, and between SWA and USAIR there are 20 to 22 flights a day.

SkyNation is right, IMHO. Express Jet is exciting right now, but is in a risky position. SkyWest is a more solid Company with a more certain future. So I guess is depends if you like Roulette, or prefer counting cards at Blackjack. None of us knows when the next cycle will hit the industry. We are definately in something good right now, but, it could change and SkyWest is a little better positioned - although with United getting shaky again....

Based on Hello Newman's comments, ASA would be the best airline due to our high attrition with Mesa running neck and neck for "Best airlines according to Newman." However, if the pilots are streaming for the exits behind the managers it usually is not a good sign.

Last edited:
goto the company with most attrition. Attrition is excellent for your career. The more senior dudes leaving the better. You can work at the best place in the world but it doesn't mean anything if there is no growth/attrition.
When are you leaving? Not soon enough, turdeater!
PBR

pay is almost the same (little higher 1st year pay at Xjet)
Pay is higher at XJT on an hourly basis. 5 year capt pay is going up to $70/hr in a few months (currently at $68). Up to 10% company match on 401k, profit sharing (3% raise if company does away with it). Pay during training is 75/hrs plus 1.60 hr. Hotel is provided with free warm break fast( at least it used to be at the Holliday Inn) and 11-12 min days off.

Here are other things to consider:
At XJT you have a Contract and not a CPM.
At XJT you will have lines and not a PBS.
No chance of flying a prop for less pay at XJT.

Latest resources

Back