• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skywest or ExpressJet?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
PLEASE do not think that Newman speaks for the majority of SKW pilots. Most of us, Pro union or con, are very concerned about attitudes like his/hers/its and he does not speak for ME!

I almost wonder if Newman isn't really an evil genius posting these inflammatory thoughts and sitting back to enjoy the fallout.

If he is for real, IMHO he officially wins the prize for the most ignorant poster ever on these boards (big prize)!

No evil genius simply a realistic thinking SKYW ORD employee. If you think the union drive will actually suceed you are nuts. I speak for the majority of SkyW pilots for sure. We are proud of our non union history and letting other regionals do the heavy lifting. BTW the OC hasn't updated the phone hotilne in over a month now. They are already failing to fulfill their promises(updating the hotline on every payday? RIIIIIGHT). No one trusts them now when they are too retarted to keep a silly telephone hotline open. Heres to 35 more years of being non union!!!

He doesn't speak for me (nor--would I assume--a bunch of the folks I have flown with over the past 7 years [and that's a lot considering how much I fly]). Actually, I think he's as 'head-in-the-sand' as much as the people who are pure ALPA-loyalists: either with or against--life however, is quite a bit more complex.

No evil genius simply a realistic thinking SKYW ORD employee. If you think the union drive will actually suceed you are nuts. I speak for the majority of SkyW pilots for sure. We are proud of our non union history and letting other regionals do the heavy lifting. BTW the OC hasn't updated the phone hotilne in over a month now. They are already failing to fulfill their promises(updating the hotline on every payday? RIIIIIGHT). No one trusts them now when they are too retarted to keep a silly telephone hotline open. Heres to 35 more years of being non union!!!

I didn't say a thing about the union drive and you come back with the same drivel spouting the same rhetoric about WE ARE PROUD and I SPEAK FOR THE MAJORITY and BLAH BLAH BLAH.

Seriously dude, if you're just coming up with this stuff to get under people's skin at least come up with some new material. You're like a mouse with an identity disorder that thinks he's a big dog. You come thinking you're barking and posturing but you're just letting out the same tired little squeak. All the cats bat you around a little and you just come back for more abuse with the same old tirade.

You entertain me greatly. I come on these boards and look for SKW related threads just to see what idiocy you're spouting and you haven't let me down. Like I said, if it's done on purpose...I bow to your evil genius. If you're for real...you are without a doubt a huge knucklehead.

Oh and in case you haven't figured it out Einstein, it has nothing whatsoever to do with your opinions on unions.

Perhaps you shouldn't be namecalling if you're too "retarded" to know the correct spelling...

Last edited:
Not quite right. Company matching on the 401K is 4-6 %, depending on longevity. Also, pay during training is a flat check of around $1,500 dollars. It's based on per diem, which means it's tax free (which is good). You don't start making your 75 hour min guarantee until you complete your PC.

And from what I hear, the HI no longer gives a free breakfast.

Otherwise, the rest is true. As a 50-seat captain, I make more than their CRJ700/900 captain. Their 50-seat FO rate is higher than ours, though, but only slightly, I think.

I beg to differ:
You forgot the rest of the retirement package. 401k up to 6% and a defined contribution plan of up to another 6%. That adds up to 12%.

I'd estimate that at your current rate, you'd make 78,900 this year at SkyWest, based on an average yearly credit total of 1200 hours (5.75 x 1200=78900). This is before Performance Rewards, Stock Purchase earnings, Restricted stock, etc.I know of guys who have credited 1500, and I know some credit much less. Reminder to all haters, I said credit, not block.
Yeah, and you can also get a job waiting ables on your days off and not sleep and take a 3rd job and make more money. The extra work is available at pretty much all airlines. There are people at XJT that are making over 150k a year flying charter but I cant claim that eveyone makes that. ofcourse one can work during vacation and pick up open trips etc... thats not an accurate measure of compensation. 1500 compensation is unrealistic though it may be possible for a few but its not only possible at skywest. What about the rest of the pilot group.
1000-1200 hour pay is more realistic for most taking into account training and vacation etc..
A 5 year capt with 1200 hours of pay would make $84k salary + 5% 401k match + 4% defined contribution + profit sharing. Perdiem @ $1.70/hr. Also, per the CONTRACT they would have to give a 3% raise if the company gets rid of the profit sharing. Medical insurance is pretty good too, you can get medical up to age 65 after retirement.
Yearly raises
There is a LTD/loss of lisence insurance as well.
Moving Expenses
Company paid legal representation
duty time limits
Vacation up to 28 days per year.
Im no contract expert but there is a lot in the package and most importantly its a CONTRACT.

Last edited:
Also, pay during training is a flat check of around $1,500 dollars. It's based on per diem, which means it's tax free (which is good). You don't start making your 75 hour min guarantee until you complete your PC.

You are correct. I did not remember this since when I came back from furlough I was paid full pay and benefits immediately since I had a few months of service prior to getting furloughed.

Perhaps you shouldn't be namecalling if you're too "retarded" to know the correct spelling...

Don't forget your arthritis and geritol pills. I know being a grouch isn't your fault. Getting old makes quite a few people grumpy.

Latest resources

Back