• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skywest or Eagle guy on Jeopardy

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I know I'd be smarter if it was easier to think about junk . this guy actually jumped out to a quick lead but then like a true airline pilot got cocky and tried to answer a bunch of questions he didn't know. I was hoping he would win and make the public think us pilots are brain geniuses.

Was an XJT pilot.

According to our forum he was also on who wants to be a millionaire and walked with 50k.

I think its pretty hard to even get on those shows. I bet the majority of pilots(and people in general) wouldnt even get passed the first phone interview.

I know I'd be smarter if it was easier to think about junk . this guy actually jumped out to a quick lead but then like a true airline pilot got cocky and tried to answer a bunch of questions he didn't know. I was hoping he would win and make the public think us pilots are brain geniuses.

Pilots like to think they are smarter than everybody else. Truth be told we are smack dab right in the middle of the pack, college degree holding, heavy equipment operators, keep telling yourselves that you are smarter, better or more wise than the average. Want proof, look at pay and benefits from 20 years ago vs today. The pilot group went from 50 missions over Berlin, 50 missions over MIG Alley, 50 missions to Downtown Hanoi, to a bunch of kids who whine that they had to sit in the right seat of a 152 for 1.37 years to get to the regional they are at today. Any wonder why the pay and benefits are what they are today? The slide has not stopped, and will only continue. The problem is in your mirror, look in to it deeply.

Jeopardy, at its core, is just a contest of who has memorized the most facts and can recall them quickly. Has nothing to do with intelligence.

Knowledge recalls something seen, heard, read, etc.

Intelligence figures out something not understood or known.

Knowledge is acquired. Intelligence is genetic.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back