Skywest or Comair

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
so someone tell me what this means.....

i might post it as a seperate stand alone thread, but....

i did the online application thing with skywest, what will be the usual common response after this? im not expecting anything right away but im wondering what they will do afterwards.

i applied end of january...and a whole month later jsut today i get an email from Mrs. kirkham, "Thanks!"...and thats it. honest whole direct entire quote from my email...

this means thanks but no thanks? or thanks and well concider it when we need to concider for openings/a pool? or expect a call soon?....im not psyching myselfe up for a fall or anything...im jsut wanting to know what this means....first email like this ive gotten from anyone....anyone being an airline that is.

insiders comment? (im just hurting for something badly here)

must be even more than alot of resumes..

took them an entire month to notify of recieving it....thats fine tho, gues it shows just how backed up they are. hope their internet application dosent become so full it dumps.

Heavy Set-

How can you speak of matters that don't affect you directly. Your opinion on the state or relations between pilots at Delta brand carriers is complete hearsay, and pure garbage. Have you figured out what 29.92-set means yet???

Heavy Set said:
I didn't mean to ruffle any feathers. I was just adding my 2 cents. General Lee may be crass at times, but he is correct in this assessment - despite what Miller22 or Surplus1 have to say... Ask any Delta pilot and he/she will concur.

I have no opinions regarding SKYW vs. CMR and have never expressed any. I also have no comment re Miller22's posts.

I've said lots of things but would prefer that you not misconstrue them or misinterpret them. For the record, Surplus1 does NOT favor a merger of the DAL/CMR lists and certainly does NOT believe that such a merger, if it ever occured, would result in DOH for CMR pilots. That is totatally unrealistic. Therefore, I agree with you on that point.

I also believe that a pure staple to the bottom of the Delta list, or for that matter any other mainline list, would most certainly NOT be in the best interests of Comair pilots. It would make a least half of our list instant furlough fodder for the mainline group. Not only today, but for a very, very long time. In addition to that, most if not all of our Captains would be displaced from their seats. Only a fool would agree to that. If Comair had been "stapled" to the Delta list 2 years ago, 2/3 of Comair's pilots would be on the street today and the rest would be jerking gear for Delta new hires. Anyone that thinks that's desirable, just doesn't think.

In case you feel that I think that way because I am "senior", forget it. Remember, furloughs start at the bottom not at the top. I think this way because I am not willing to put Comair's junior pilots on the street so that Delta's junior pilots can take their jobs. If a furlough at Comair got to my number, the airline would have ceased to exist long before, and ALL of us would be looking for jobs. Could that ever happen? You bet it could! Just ask an Braniff pilot, a rEAL pilot, a PAA pilot or a TWA pilot (to name a few). The only thing certain in this business is uncertainty, and that's not new either.

Again, for the record, I am not and have never been a proponent of the traditional "one list" between CMR and DAL. The idea is impractical and unrealistic. It ain't gonna happen, so don't base your decision re SKYW vs. CMR on that idea.

Note: That doesn't mean that I believe Delta mainline and the Delta subsidiaries can't resolve our differences. I believe that we can, I just don't think we can do it with "one list". There are other ways. We just haven't explored them.

If you want to fly a 737 or an MD80 series, then apply for a job at some airline that has them; Comair doesn't. As long as Delta owns Comair, Comair is highly unlikey to operate any aicraft of that size in the foreseable future. The probability of large narrow-body aircraft on the Comair certificate died on the day that Comair died, i.e., the day it was acquired by Delta.

Working for Comair will not get you a job at Delta. Neither will working for Skywest. If what YOU want to do is fly for Delta, then apply to Delta. At some time in the future (when is anbody's guess) Delta will eventually be hiring new pilots.

Warning: By that time, the General will be the Delta MEC Chairman. Since we all know that the Delta MEC Chairman controls which pilots Delta hires, he will order that no Comair pilots should be hired and Delta will obey him. By the way, the moon is made of green cheese.

Surplus1,

Well, I will probably run for MEC Chairlman someday, on the platform of all 70 seat and 50 seat RJ's going to Delta Mainline pilots, and only DHC-6 Twin Otters for ASA and Comair. (And a couple Cessna 206's to carry extra carry over luggage) No, I am joking, right? Anyways, I have nothing personally against Comair pilots as a whole, just some of their senior MEC guys---and everyone knows why. I think a staple is gambling, and somebody always loses, but some people actually win--especially in good times. Nobody could have seen 9-11 coming, and had Comair and ASA accepted some sort of staple (if management would have accepted it) those stapled three years ago would not be the ones on the street now. They might be back in an RJ, but that is not a bad option. When the war is over and the economy comes back, things will most likely get better and expansion might not be far away. This whole industry is a gamble---starting with which airline you get on with first. Choosing between Skywest and Comair is one of those choices you have to look at as a whole. Will Delta hire Comair pilots in the future? Maybe--it is up to the interviewer. But, there is a good chance that this interviewer will have knowledge about Comair's refusal to hire our furloughed pilots when ASA did. There was a large article about this in the ATL Council 44 Roar magazine that just came out, and only 4500 of our 8000 or so pilots left probably read about it. Will that sway someone's mind? I don't know. Most of the Capt's I fly with aren't very happy about it. They don't know about this fued between our MEC's---so I guess they are not informed. The whole reason I started writing about this is because I feel betrayed. I wanted you to win your strike----I really did. I also want to protect my job---with some scope. I also see all of my friends out there who can't get a job, and then I see you guys expanding and not hiring our guys because of "CRM" problems. So, can you see why we would want some of the future CRJ70's or all of the 90's? We have guys that cannot get work, even with the regionals that are own by our company.
It just makes sense. If you think it doesn't, how about calling up some of our furloughs (when you aren't flying) and telling them they should stay out longer.

Bye Bye---General Lee:rolleyes:

Latest resources

Back