• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skywest new hire classes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Odd to be hiring after the summer boom. Unless?

I think the problem was that they needed the instructors out on line for the summer schedule.

Some of the spots will have to be offered to UAL furloughs who will get bumped to second year RJ FO pay with the difference paid by UAL or ALPA (not sure exactly who pays). $35/hr. Wouldn't it be nice if Skywest Inc offered that same deal to furloughed Skywest Inc pilots....

I think this is the first or many examples to come of why all of us Inc pilots need to put aside the fears of some and start pushing for one seniority list. Maybe the xjet contract will force it.

Scott

I think this is the first or many examples to come of why all of us Inc pilots need to put aside the fears of some and start pushing for one seniority list. Maybe the xjet contract will force it.

Scott

Go read the letter. It doesn't look very good for forcing one list. The only way this will happen is by the OO pilots forcing the issue.

I think the problem was that they needed the instructors out on line for the summer schedule.

Some of the spots will have to be offered to UAL furloughs who will get bumped to second year RJ FO pay with the difference paid by UAL or ALPA (not sure exactly who pays). $35/hr. Wouldn't it be nice if Skywest Inc offered that same deal to furloughed Skywest Inc pilots....

Scott

Or maybe we should let it play out the way they want it (2 lists) they know what there doing.. If a year or 2 down the road things are bad, then push for 1 list.. These guys know what there doing.. Let them do it.. If we try to force something they don't want all its going to do is de-rail there plans... I think we have good times ahead for "both" sides of Inc...

Go read the letter. It doesn't look very good for forcing one list. The only way this will happen is by the OO pilots forcing the issue.
Why would Roger Cohen want one list inclusive of OO pilots?

On a side note, if I were a UAL pilot taking the deal I'd ensure I didn't have a slick tie......

Its all about the FAT

Wow, that sums it up about our pathetic industry. Why do people even consider professional flying anymore? It's rough for the newbies. $20K to spend in FAT.... Hmmm. I guess that means you could hit Del Taco a few times per week when you are sick of noodles and cheap salad at your crapppy apartment. How are people supposed to pay off their training loans???? Not good. Thank goodness I married well.

Last edited:
Indeed. This Skywest pilot is suggesting just that.

Cheers,
Scott

It will be up to you guys to force the issue. Lets see if the SAPA guys really have the nads to run with this one. Otherwise, XJT will either capitulate or the Jerry pulls the plug.

When have the SAPA guys ever had the nads or even the ability!

Can you articulate even a general plan of how the SAPA guys would even begin to force a one list?

Latest resources

Back