Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
SkyWest Airlines New Hire Training Update
December 20, 2005
We will be taking delivery of a handful of aircraft for the Delta side of our operation in the first few months of 2006. However, even with those additional aircraft and Delta’s “re-peaking” (meaning they are cutting utilization during the first phase of Chapter 11), we still find ourselves on the heavy side for addition of New Hire pilots. I’m sure you all realize that this airline industry is extremely volatile and things change rather quickly, but in order to help you plan the next few months of your life we wanted to let you know that it does not look likely that we will be holding a New Hire class in either aircraft for the first quarter of 2006.
For those of you who are remaining in the pool during this time of uncertainty we offer our thanks and to those who find they need to make alternative employment plans, we offer our understanding. Please do let us know if you need to leave the pool at any time.
We hope you have a wonderful holiday season with friends and family and we wish you a prosperous 2006!

Merry Christmas SkyW INC. Kids

Willy21 said:
Look at it this way. For Skywest to get ASA's flying in SLC you would need to have about 15 70 seaters. I am not saying it won't happen, but in one to two months that would mean that those 70's would have to go from ASA to Skywest. That would give a big lift to the single carrier petition and might hurt the whipsaw effect. It would also piss a lot of ASA pilots off. Skywest might get those 70's over the next year or two and you might see ASA slowly removed from SLC. I wouldn't bet on that either. Skywest Inc. owns both of us but mother Delta calls the shots. They say who fly where with what and when. (example: CHQ in ATL, doesn't make sense but it is happening)

Oh really? They do make a skd saying a 70 or 50 on xxx route but they don't tell any of their DCI's how to run their companies. They have enough problems of their own. As for aircraft allocation and placement it is up to the DCI to position A/C and crews to do the flying.

What SkyW/ASA need to do is get shatbox America and Chittaco out of the mix in SLC/ATL. Another fleet type would certainly be good. It is always sad to see DCI flying taken from Comair, ASA and SkyWEst. The three top products out of the DCI line. Let's hope for 2006 for more mainline jobs and less selling out of pilot wages.

Halo_RJdriver said:
Willy21 said:
Look at it this way. For Skywest to get ASA's flying in SLC you would need to have about 15 70 seaters. I am not saying it won't happen, but in one to two months that would mean that those 70's would have to go from ASA to Skywest. That would give a big lift to the single carrier petition and might hurt the whipsaw effect. It would also piss a lot of ASA pilots off. Skywest might get those 70's over the next year or two and you might see ASA slowly removed from SLC. I wouldn't bet on that either. Skywest Inc. owns both of us but mother Delta calls the shots. They say who fly where with what and when. (example: CHQ in ATL, doesn't make sense but it is happening)

Oh really? They do make a skd saying a 70 or 50 on xxx route but they don't tell any of their DCI's how to run their companies. They have enough problems of their own. As for aircraft allocation and placement it is up to the DCI to position A/C and crews to do the flying.

What SkyW/ASA need to do is get shatbox America and Chittaco out of the mix in SLC/ATL. Another fleet type would certainly be good. It is always sad to see DCI flying taken from Comair, ASA and SkyWEst. The three top products out of the DCI line. Let's hope for 2006 for more mainline jobs and less selling out of pilot wages.

I smell Shautublic

Latest resources

Back