• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skywest New Hire Class???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That would be very interesting if it were true. I wouldn't put any money on it as the source is an intern. Then again maybe Skywest is ready to merge the ASA and Skywest list.

SkyWest Inc has no intention of merging the companies. Which makes sense if you think about it. Delta never merged Comair and ASA when it owned those companies. Instead SkyWest Inc. can give the flying to the lowest bidder(can you say whipsaw?). Is a merger of the companies possible? Sure, but don't hold your breath.

Willy21 said:
That would be very interesting if it were true. I wouldn't put any money on it as the source is an intern. Then again maybe Skywest is ready to merge the ASA and Skywest list.

I think he was being sarcastic about the intern thing.

actually, I wasn't kidding, I really did hear it through those channels. however, I take it with a grain of salt

utahpilot said:
We're getting all of the ASA SLC 70 seater flying within a month or two. That is why the letter is coming out and why we have 162 lines in Jan. with 100+ reserves, for now.

...at least that is what an intern in the SLC CP's office told my friend :)

enjoy

Heard the same fluffy rumor from multilple checkairmen @ the Flight Safety.

Whipsaw 2006

Ok, somebody either post what this letter is or PM me. I was in the crew lounge today and nobody knew anything about it. Heard some xmas flights on the united side got cancelled, though.

It hasnt came out yet. Cassidy says its going out to those treading water in the pool sometime this week. Not sure if it will be sent out beyond that.

I think they're holding off on training until they announce the new USAir connection flying we're going to be doing. Once that happens there will be newhire classes and upgrades for everyone! ;)

Sorry guys, these threads crack me up. I suggest you wait until you hear something official. I know it's tough to be patient, but it sounds like they're getting ready to let you guys know. Even well-based rumors can fade away or take months to come to fruition. For now, chill out, enjoy your time at home and make RJ or brasilia noises while you make your morning commute.

Look at it this way. For Skywest to get ASA's flying in SLC you would need to have about 15 70 seaters. I am not saying it won't happen, but in one to two months that would mean that those 70's would have to go from ASA to Skywest. That would give a big lift to the single carrier petition and might hurt the whipsaw effect. It would also piss a lot of ASA pilots off. Skywest might get those 70's over the next year or two and you might see ASA slowly removed from SLC. I wouldn't bet on that either. Skywest Inc. owns both of us but mother Delta calls the shots. They say who fly where with what and when. (example: CHQ in ATL, doesn't make sense but it is happening)

As for the aircraft that are coming in the next year or so for DCI, if they are the 705 or 900 (with only 70 seats G.L.) be ready to see those go to ATL. If they are 700's then they might go to Skywest in SLC, I guess when they show up we will all find out what they are. I have seen this before with DCI. Delta's money maker is ATL and expect to see the growth there first and then to the other hubs. For those of you that are waiting for the big newhire or upgrade class to begin I think your best hope is a new code for Skywest/ASA. I hope there is a lot of growth for Skywest/ASA in 2006, hopefully a new company to fly for that isn't in ch.11. I guess we will see more as Jan turns into FEB.

Merry Christmas Everybody.

Latest resources

Back