SkyWest Moms to clean planes.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
jws717 said:
I think it is a professional courtsey to keep YOUR seat clean when non reving and not make a mess. I personaly make sure my seat is clear of any trash and the seat belt is crossed, but this is just my way of thanking the CREW for the ride.

As we all should but our family members shouldnt be told to clean the plane after all are off.

jws717 said:
I think it is a professional courtsey to keep YOUR seat clean when non reving and not make a mess. I personaly make sure my seat is clear of any trash and the seat belt is crossed, but this is just my way of thanking the CREW for the ride.
I think leaving one's seat clean is an expression of personal dignity - - not a professional courtesy. Of course, I don't leave my seat trashed at a movie theater or sports arena, either. It's not because I'm extending a professional courtesy to the facility staff or because I'm trying to express my gratitude to the proprietors for allowing me to be entertained in their facility. It's because I clean up after myself, and that's just that. I carry my trash to the nearest garbage can and drop it in, but I don't carry anybody else's garbage. I also clean up my table at a fast food joint or at the food court in the mall. No professional courtesy in that, just good manners.

If I want to express my gratitude to someone, I do that by looking at their eyes, smiling, and saying, "Thank you." It's not that hard, really.

:)

In a couple of months United will ask the Skywest moms for paycuts too, they are way underworked, and don't even dream about giving them water.....

crashpad said:
I was jumpseating to work this week out of OMA on UAL and sat next to a nice older woman who was a mother of a Skywest pilot. She told me her new hire son told her to go to the back of the plane after each flight and help clean the cabin while non-reving. She said her son was strongly insistant about this and that it was Skywest policy for non-reving.
Fortunately, I was there to reeducate her. I explained that her son was supposed to clean the lav because he's not worthy enough to lick my shoes and that if I ever saw her trying to act like anything but a first class customer, I'd report her son toot-sweet to his chief pilot for a well deserved b1tch-slapping.
I could see how relieved she was after talking to a real airline captain and now she can enjoy her travels the way she was meant to.
Skywest Houseboys, I don't care what your comic book manual says...if I ever find another mother thinking they are in some way indebted to the airlines simply for having spawned you, I will insist all Skywest pilots on my plane (and I take more of these peachfuzz waffleheads than anyone) commit to cleaning the entire aircraft when we get to our destination. I'm not kidding.[/QUOT

This thread proves to come from a ???"REAL AIRLINE CAPTAIN"??? (not really, sounds childish to me). 99% my fellow real airline captains wouldnt start a thread on this note. You'd be fun in the right seat though. Guys like you perform excellant airconditioning adjustments.

TonyC said:
Of course, I don't leave my seat trashed at a movie theater or sports arena, either.

Oh, I sure do!! If I gotta pay $7.00 for popcorn and $4.50 for a watered-down Coke, somebody damm sure oughtta have to clean the sh!t up.

But, when DHing, I'll help straighten up the all the belts, IF I have time. When non-revving, (on a SINGLE F/A airplane) I'll do my seat, maybe the whole row. My antique parents (who hardly ever travel) can barely stand up, letalone stoop over and cross seatbelts. (Plus, In 20,000 hours of flying, I'd bet the old man has already crossed more than his share of belts.)

Last edited:
After all the sunflower seeds i've seen scattered all over the flight deck, maybe some pilots do need their mothers to come in and clean.

I tell my parents and my wife the same thing: when you non-rev, you relinquish the paying passenger's right to bitch when things go wrong. And stay out of the way, say please and thank you, and dress nice. Enjoy!

HughBeamont said:
I tell my parents and my wife the same thing: when you non-rev, you relinquish the paying passenger's right to bitch when things go wrong. And stay out of the way, say please and thank you, and dress nice. Enjoy!
Good advice. I noticed that you didn't tell them they're indentured servants when they Non-Rev.

:)

SKYWRJGUY said:
Curious--how would you ensure the 'peachfuzz waffleheads' stick around and clean your plane post facto--talk about something that would lead you to your Chief's office regarding ethical malbehavior.

The larger question regarding expectations of non-revs may be valid, but your specifc point is without merit, and honesty your fancy is weak.

Crashpad has an ego for sure, but I don't think he would mind if I answer for him though: he would make them feel guilty for having a common pay scale for 50-99 seat flying.

How's your new DC 90 seat jet bid coming?

I love your big words and sentences, but what does 'and honesty your fancy is weak' mean?

Latest resources

Back