skywest might buy freedom

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Friend

i dont know if this is true, but since skywest could not get XJT and XJT got a 7 year contract with Continential that skywest might be interested in acquiring the 35 ERJ from freedom. Skywest just but on their certificate ERJ 145. so i dont know what is going on, just heard this from a few pilots

F*CK i wish.... If that was the case every pilot at MAG would put in a standing bid for the Freedom Cert.

Last edited:
Why would they buy Freedom if they already had the ERJ on their certificate. Maybe just by the jets if Mesa jettisons them. The pilots most likely wouldn't come with them.

i dont know if this is true, but since skywest could not get XJT and XJT got a 7 year contract with Continential that skywest might be interested in acquiring the 35 ERJ from freedom. Skywest just but on their certificate ERJ 145. so i dont know what is going on, just heard this from a few pilots

Why would someone want to buy business based on a service contract that one party is hell bent at getting out of? The injunction is only temporary you know.

Now if you would have said that Skywest is interested in buying the -900 contract Mesa has with DAL that may be plausible. I'm sure lots of airlines are eyeballing that little gem as Mesa hurtles towards financial oblivion.

I could see Skywest buying the airplanes, but nothing more. It would be kind of like Republic buying the Mid-Atlantic planes, then not taking the pilots.

Skywest needs more big RJs, and I think the pilots should take a pay cut to help finance these. Guys...it's to help YOUR FUTURE! These are tough times and you don't know how good you have it, that big override we've been giving you, well...we have to suspend that for a while. Thanks for doing a great job!

Latest resources

Back