Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skywest may finally have a reasonable chance of voting a union in...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm not sure about that when it comes to voting in a union at an airline. That's the whole point of changing they way voting is done. There is no way to interpret intent on a non-vote.

Also, yes I'm sure that intimidation happens on both sides. But don't forget that it was ALPA who got a restraining order from a federal judge against SKW in its last organizing drive to stop SKW tactics.

What kind of real, intimidation, does a union have expecially during an organizing drive, versus, the intimidation an employer has......

Those drives cost money, and there has to be a reasonable expectation of return on investment. I mean after all it is a business.

What is the profit margin? Where is the stock?

Regionals, because of their size cost money, yet ALPA still pursues them... why is that?

as opposed to

What kind of real, intimidation, does a union have expecially during an organizing drive, versus, the intimidation an employer has......
as opposed to unions promosing such things a pay raises, more days off, and job security. Sure worked for the Zantop pilots. BTW Mery Christmas, I love exchanging posts with you.

as opposed to unions promosing such things a pay raises, more days off, and job security. Sure worked for the Zantop pilots. BTW Mery Christmas, I love exchanging posts with you.

Doesn't make sense. Promises are not intimidation

Promises?

Doesn't make sense. Promises are not intimidation

You mean that the browbeating of no pay raises, no days off and no job security if you don't vote union are not intimidation?

You mean that the browbeating of no pay raises, no days off and no job security if you don't vote union are not intimidation?

No, being threatened with termination is intimidation.

not allowed

No, being threatened with termination is intimidation.
companies are not allowed to do that. But to say we may go out of business is OK

companies are not allowed to do that.

You're talking to someone who's lived it. Stop burrying your head in the sand. Intimidation by companies goes on every day.

FYI....its management that uses those very tactics to browbeat their employees not organized labor. Unions only try to secure benefits for their pilot groups and the responsible ones do so without harming the company. The idea is not to kill the goose that lays the golden egg but to just choke it a little bit. Its up to the employees to choose the right Union for their needs.

strangle the chicken

The idea is not to kill the goose that lays the golden egg but to just choke it a little bit. Its up to the employees to choose the right Union for their needs.
OK Christmas is over, back to trading barbs. The process of chicken strangling has done wonders for the four ex-ALPA guys I have sitting ground school at JUS right now, Airborne Exp., Kitty Hawk, DHL, and Midwest Express. They were probably only going to hold the necks a little tighter, but a funny thing happened on the way, the chicken died.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back