• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SkyWest losing gates to Delta in SLC

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Keep dreaming. Must be a regional lifer. More likely you will less frequency with larger aircraft flown by the 3 remaining global carriers.

In ten years we may not have regionals. Perhaps oil and aircraft modernizing will influence the Majors to take on their wholly owned connection service again and us all together. Personally I think you'll see a few heavy aircraft on INTL routes and 80% of domestic flying done by regionals flying 100+ seat aircraft.

In ten years we may not have regionals. Perhaps oil and aircraft modernizing will influence the Majors to take on their wholly owned connection service again and us all together. Personally I think you'll see a few heavy aircraft on INTL routes and 80% of domestic flying done by regionals flying 100+ seat aircraft.

Just wait until the majors are in negotiations for a new contract.... Mgmt. just loves playing the regionals against the majors and vice versa..

Mgmt. will NEVER place all their eggs in one basket. It would be stupid of them to eliminate all the regional contracts and pay much higher wages for mainline guys to fly feeder routes. Some routes simply will not support any mainline aircraft, but they will always need the feed.

What DAL is doing right now is simple: DAL is just taking advantage of the poor economy and the vast amount of feed they have to get the regionals to under-bid one another for flying. They are shaking some costs out of the system.

Once negotiations start up, wait and see how much flying goes back to the regionals...... Mgmt. sure doesn't want to end up paying 3 times as much to have these routes flown by mainline guys.

Just wait until the majors are in negotiations for a new contract.... Mgmt. just loves playing the regionals against the majors and vice versa..

Mgmt. will NEVER place all their eggs in one basket. It would be stupid of them to eliminate all the regional contracts and pay much higher wages for mainline guys to fly feeder routes. Some routes simply will not support any mainline aircraft, but they will always need the feed.

What DAL is doing right now is simple: DAL is just taking advantage of the poor economy and the vast amount of feed they have to get the regionals to under-bid one another for flying. They are shaking some costs out of the system.

Once negotiations start up, wait and see how much flying goes back to the regionals...... Mgmt. sure doesn't want to end up paying 3 times as much to have these routes flown by mainline guys.

Yeah McFry, that sure would be bad for all of us, being PAID more. Management can see that RJs are a cancer, and mainline jets are the way to go. Why have 6 RJs flights a day competing with Airtran 717s, when you can pull in some already paid for DC9s and give pax something they all want, a little SPACE? Three Dc9s a day vs 6 money losing RJs. Your RJs clog the airways, the ramps, and don't bring in enough revenue---actually costing Delta more money in bad times because of the ridiculous contracts that were signed. They need to go bye bye, and if you don't perform---you go away too. The good thing is we have a lot of you guys to choose from.

Speaking of which, you need to go back to your third job at McRonalds and keep working on finding the "perfect french fry."

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
Yeah McFry, that sure would be bad for all of us, being PAID more. Management can see that RJs are a cancer, and mainline jets are the way to go. Why have 6 RJs flights a day competing with Airtran 717s, when you can pull in some already paid for DC9s and give pax something they all want, a little SPACE? Three Dc9s a day vs 6 money losing RJs. Your RJs clog the airways, the ramps, and don't bring in enough revenue---actually costing Delta more money in bad times because of the ridiculous contracts that were signed. They need to go bye bye, and if you don't perform---you go away too. The good thing is we have a lot of you guys to choose from.

Speaking of which, you need to go back to your third job at McRonalds and keep working on finding the "perfect french fry."

Bye Bye--General Lee

You are truly a very special little boy-General.. Your third-grade-level zingers just never slow down do they? Maybe you could consult with an adult or two and try to learn how to construct a good insult. "McRonald's"-Really? Is that funny on any level? O.K.-maybe if you are 5 or 6 yrs old and had a bad experience after swallowing your Happy Meal toy.

I'm sure you are a real hit with the K thru 5 audience, but the adults who happen to come here at times probably rate you as a bit of a disappointment.....

-Quit drinking so much PBR from your sippy-cup, Gen... It only makes your insults even more infantile.

-Please go talk to Mommy and Daddy, get a little help with the "big-people" insults, then get back to us...

-"McRonald's?" Really? That one really falls short, even by your standards-Capt. PeePants.....

Last edited:

Bye Bye--General Lee

Sorry, DC9's have just about outlived their usefulness. Why did Delta dump theirs?

No airline can live without feed. RJ's are just another layer of feed with a smaller tool. However, they can be misapplied, just as a 757 can be. It wouldn't make sense to run a 757 into Little Rock--even once a day.

You are truly a very special little boy-General.. Your third-grade-level zingers just never slow down do they? Maybe you could consult with an adult or two and try to learn how to construct a good insult. "McRonald's"-Really? Is that funny on any level? O.K.-maybe if you are 5 or 6 yrs old and had a bad experience after swallowing your Happy Meal toy.

I'm sure you are a real hit with the K thru 5 audience, but the adults who happen to come here at times probably rate you as a bit of a disappointment.....

-Quit drinking so much PBR from your sippy-cup, Gen... It only makes your insults even more infantile.

-Please go talk to Mommy and Daddy, get a little help with the "big-people" insults, then get back to us...

-"McRonald's?" Really? That one really falls short, even by your standards-Capt. PeePants.....

Well, I sure laughed. It made my day. Fact is the regionals have rode the gravy train too long. When bad times come along for the Majors, the regionals still do great, and that needs to be reversed. When it is time to share in the pain, EVERYONE needs to chip in. The days of "exclusivity" are GONE. Maybe you can pay for your own fuel next time....(or at least no lock in price while the prices on the outside continue to go higher, and we pay the difference---ridiculous)

And, your boss at McRonalds, a Mr. Dipwitz, says you need to get back to cleaning the stalls and replacing the urinal cakes. Please, no tasting.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
Well, I sure laughed. It made my day. Fact is the regionals have rode the gravy train too long. When bad times come along for the Majors, the regionals still do great, and that needs to be reversed. When it is time to share in the pain, EVERYONE needs to chip in. The days of "exclusivity" are GONE. Maybe you can pay for your own fuel next time....

And, your boss at McRonalds, a Mr. Dipwitz, says you need to get back to cleaning the stalls and replacing the urinal cakes. Please, no tasting.

Bye Bye--General Lee

I'm a little confused, General.... I see you are wearing your "super-awesome" Darth Vader costume again (although it ain't close to Halloween.) Which button do we press to call your mommy to come pick you up?

-"McRonald's" again? Really? Have you no level of self-respect, Capt. PeePants?

Last edited:
I'm a little confused, General.... I see you are wearing your "super-awesome" Darth Vader costume again (although it ain't close to Halloween.) Which button do we press to call your mommy to come pick you up?

-"McRonald's" again? Really? Have you no level of self, respect, Capt. PeePants?

I have never heard the term "PeePants." Do you mean "Pee Pee Pants?" That would make more sense, to almost anyone sane. Quit chewing on the urinal cakes, it will drive you CRAZY.

Bye Bye-General Lee

I have never heard the term "PeePants." Do you mean "Pee Pee Pants?" That would make more sense, to almost anyone sane. Quit chewing on the urinal cakes, it will drive you CRAZY.

Bye Bye-General Lee

Nope-

"PeePants" is what I wrote, and it's what I meant.... You are certainly a "PeePants" type of guy-if you don't believe me, just check your Hannah Montana underoos, you will find they are a little soiled.

It is true-you are the leader of the PeePants group at school, (a dubious honor, to be sure) so that is why I dub you Capt. PeePants.....

-I know, General-being the leader of the PeePants crowd is small consolation (kinda like being the booger-eating-moron who eats the most boogers,) but keep in mind-we have to grade on a curve here.

-Later, Capt. PeePants!

Nope-

"PeePants" is what I wrote, and it's what I meant.... You are certainly a "PeePants" type of guy-if you don't believe me, just check your Hannah Montana underoos, you will find they are a little soiled.

It is true-you are the leader of the PeePants group at school, (a dubious honor, to be sure) so that is why I dub you Capt. PeePants.....

-I know, General-being the leader of the PeePants crowd is small consolation (kinda like being the booger-eating-moron who eats the most boogers,) but keep in mind-we have to grade on a curve here.

-Later, Capt. PeePants!

Sounds good McFry! Keep it going!

Bye Bye--General Lee

Latest resources

Back