• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

SKYWEST looking to buy more...

reospeedwagon

Total Time
The Q&A section of skywest.com posts this question:

Does this purchase deter other future growth opportunities?

Not at all. In fact, as a holding company, SkyWest, Inc. will continue to be in a position to explore other ventures, such as acquiring a low-cost carrier or another regional carrier or adding an additional code share partner to one of our operations. Our cash position will remain strong through the acquisition supporting daily operations as well as providing for future opportunities. Our new Delta contracts will be profitable from day one.

They are going to buy Indy Air and PSA next and get in with the USAir/AmWest Merger.

BeechFO

Total Time
5000+
How about Chickita or Chq

They could buy CHQ airlines and have More Delta, United, American, and USAir Express flying. That would be interesting. Right!?

viper548

Total Time
FLYI might be an attractive deal if SkyWest could use the 50 seaters at DL or UA

indianboy7

I'm Scerrrrd!
Total Time
SkyWest should buy ExpressJet......they gotta cover that empty spot in their route structure somehow........

~~~^~~~

Total Time
7,500+
viper548 said:
FLYI might be an attractive deal if SkyWest could use the 50 seaters at DL or UA
Actually, SkyWest left 50 CRJ200s on Delta's books so that should there be a sudden downturn in regional jet flying those airplanes instantly become Delta's problem. FlyI needs to get those Airbus products on the property for their survival and to be attractive to buyers.

Truckdriver

Total Time
indianboy7 said:
SkyWest should buy ExpressJet......they gotta cover that empty spot in their route structure somehow........

SKYW has no cash left after this deal. Where they gonna come up with more money for another transaction. DAL will file CH11 in a few months. UAL will continue to flounder around until they are close to CH7. SKYW will have to renegotiate contracts for both carriers and probably share some of the risk of fuel. They will be left with no cash for a rainy day and will themselves be run close to CH11 because of no available cash. The only regional that is just hanging out watching all of this unfold while stashing cash is XJT. XJT will watch them all get backed into a corner and then buy them all at a discount. XJT-MESA-SKYW-CHQ will all be one airline and XJT will rule the world!!!

Superpilot92

LONGCALL KING
Total Time
Dunno?
Truckdriver said:
SKYW has no cash left after this deal. Where they gonna come up with more money for another transaction. DAL will file CH11 in a few months. UAL will continue to flounder around until they are close to CH7. SKYW will have to renegotiate contracts for both carriers and probably share some of the risk of fuel. They will be left with no cash for a rainy day and will themselves be run close to CH11 because of no available cash. The only regional that is just hanging out watching all of this unfold while stashing cash is XJT. XJT will watch them all get backed into a corner and then buy them all at a discount. XJT-MESA-SKYW-CHQ will all be one airline and XJT will rule the world!!!

I love how you think. This will happen mark his words.

73belair

Total Time
enuf
Truckdriver said:

One of the things I read on the transition part of the site said that Skywest will still have over $400 mil left after this transaction.

twobits

Total Time
i'm sure that skywest can finance a lot of deals right now with their credit rating. It makes sense considering there are so many deals out there. They can borrow money from the bank and as long as their profit margin is greater than the money they have to pay the bank, it is all gravy.

flatspin7

TOGA!!!! TOGA!!!
Total Time
2 +1
Superpilot92 said:
I love how you think. This will happen mark his words.

And the fun part would be the list merger--- Mesa and XJT being the only 2 alpa carriers would be subject to the ALPA merger policy while CHQ and SkywestSide would be on the recieving end on a stapler.

808pilot

user being used
Total Time
+1
i can add another fun rumor as to what skywest might be up to.....

buddy of mine told me that a couple of skywest people were getting a tour of the great lakes headquarters in cys......could be interesting if its true...but i doubt it....

Smoked Toilet

18 AT LAST!
Total Time
I think SkyWest INC will just buy the next company that decides to come to SLC.... CHQ, are you next?

Total Time
808pilot said:
i can add another fun rumor as to what skywest might be up to.....

buddy of mine told me that a couple of skywest people were getting a tour of the great lakes headquarters in cys......could be interesting if its true...but i doubt it....

Ummmm why on Gods green earth would Skywest want anything to do with Great Lakes???

Yea, you should doubt it..someone is pulling your leg..HARD

General Lee

Total Time
A lot
~~~^~~~ said:
Actually, SkyWest left 50 CRJ200s on Delta's books so that should there be a sudden downturn in regional jet flying those airplanes instantly become Delta's problem. FlyI needs to get those Airbus products on the property for their survival and to be attractive to buyers.

Delta could drop those leases in court. Gone.

Bye Bye--General Lee

viper548

Total Time
Delta also loses out on a good chunk of that $425M if they change their minds in BK

doh

Jump seat shrink
Total Time
48 yrs
Ah, Generalisimo, you are back. Now you can tell us how much you are hoping to see Comair go down!

strega7

Total Time
7500+
Exactly! SkyWest gets to earn interest on that $125 million for the next four years before Delta gets it IF they don't go chapter 11. Right now we are only out the $330 million. This and the fact 40+ RJ's stay on Delta's books was a pretty smart move by Mr. Atkin.