Skywest - Letters of Rec.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

wxman

I understand, from previous threads, that Skywest weights Letters of Recomendation from Skywest employees pretty heavily. My question is: Would a Letter from a former Skywest Captain who retired from the company about 8 years ago be worth as much (or worth anything)? This person gave me some flight instruction several years ago, highly recomended Skywest as a company to work for, and I still keep in contact with him. He has offered to write a letter for me.

Thank-you for the help.

My understanding that we are looking for letters from CURRENT SKyWest pilots. The rationale is that they have the most vested interest in getting quality pilots on board.

Letters of recommendation (from SkyWest pilots) are most useful in GETTING the interview. Once you know that your online resume' has been received, have the writers send them to the People Department at the Gt George address to Camielle Ence's attention for inclusion in your application file.

I would bring non-skywest pilot letters of recommendation with you to the interview and turn them in at during the HR/tech portion unless asked for them sooner.

Andy:
Hope you can help. Do I even stand a chance...
Started flying ten years ago(flight instructing), left flying financial reasons and came back a year and a half ago to work for Ameriflight. Had to leave Ameriflight after six months when wife lost job. Have 1300/200 and a letter of recommendation from 1 captain at your company. Have flown on my own 50 hours in last 9 months(wife back to work) Chances?

Slim on getting a call any time soon. The big drawback is the time involved in commercial flying in the last year (0). What can you do to get back into part 135 work?

Ameriflight-would take me back. I was just curious as to the fact I had to leave twice. Squeaky clean background, 4 year college degree, 40 years old. Great job now(banking)but...
Thanks for the help.

Latest resources

Back