Skywest junior FO bases

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
fastback said:
my 120 class [started on 3-13-06] got a mixed bag of base assignments. 2-6 people each got fresno, palm springs, portland, san luis, monterrey, santa barbara, and sacramento. brasilia bases are like a box of chocolates.

They have a base in Mexico. Count me in.

affordable junior FO bases?

I'm wondering how I can live in any of these expensive Cali cities on 1st year FO pay? Any thoughts? What's the cheapest Skywest EMB base that a junior guy can hold a FO line? FAT?

I allready live really cheap in PDX but don't know if I could hold a line here.

Thanks,
Jeb

Griego said:
SBA,SBP,MRY are usually all locals with an occasional smattering of 2-days. PSP, FAT,SAN,and SMF are something for everyone: locals, 2,3,and 4 days. These things sometimes change from month to month though so don't get to used to anything if you like it. SFO and LAX are reserve only bases. Everything on the bro is going relatively junior now on the FO side due to transitions, so it shouldn't take all that long to get where you want to go.

Best of luck.

How easy would a PDX base be? Is it still only a EMB base? Do the PDX crews get to fly outside of the PNW? Or is it only WA/OR flying?

Denver went pretty junior recently on the Bra due to movement on the jet side of the house. I suspect that there may be a long wait for current new hires to get into DEN as there are only 14 lines and about 15 FOs waiting to get in. On the jet side it is going to be a long wait as well for a new hire (1 year). ORD, SLC or FAT would probably be your choices. Hope this helps.

AirMugsy said:
Whats a common junior base to get assigned out of class for either the EMB or the CRJ?
The floor at the Candlewood Suites, seems that double occupancy isn't good enough, it was determined that actually having two beds in the room was too much trouble. Enjoy sleeping on the floor, make sure that your parents buy a sleeping bag and thermarest for groundschool. These will come in handy when you need something to sleep on at the crash pad, because you will not be able to afford any furniture, that is not milkcrate based. Not sure of the protocol though, does the senior guy get the bed of is it first come first served?
Enjoy being a new order airline pilot!
PBR

SexyB.. thanks a ton for the info.

While I'm thinking way ahead(I won't even apply until next month).. if I am so fortunate as to get Skywest.. I really hope to hold either ORD or DEN right away.. which makes it sound as if the jet is my only choice. I thought the Brasilia sounded fun though...

cale

There is a good chance of getting PDX right out of training now days. There are half a dozen really senior guys at the top in PDX, the middle and bottom of the list churns really fast so holding a line should not take that long. PDX does some SFO flying - depends on the month - it comes and goes. My trips next month are all SFO - MOD overnights.

Does Skywest hire into the jet for someone with CRJ experience? Also, do they still have the TUS base? How senior is it. How long is reserve? And finally, how many days off could a FO expect just off reserve also with how much flight time a month. Thanks in advance

Latest resources

Back